S3 - Is this a good deal?

iTzCraigooo

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently had a few quotes from drivethedeal, coast2coast etc, and have got my local audi garage (wolverhampton) to match the quote. I'd be interested to see if this was considered a good deal, or should i try and get a little more off it.

2017 S3 Sportback Black Edition S Tronic Ibis White
Tech Pack
Folding Door Mirrors
Audi Parking Plus
Hill Hold
Rear Parking Camera
Red Brake Calipers

£35049 - 12.5% discount applied
2k Deposit, 8k miles p/a, £850 audi finance contribution

£372 per month /48 months

Reactions: Rolly12
I'd say that's a good deal mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iTzCraigooo
Looks a reasonable price to me and as long as you are within your budget I'd go for it.

Depends entirely on what the final baloon payment is.

If it ends up with you being in quite hefty negative equity, then no, its not a good deal. Quite how anyone can comment without all the details is confusing.

Reactions: OST and Daveotto

If it ends up with you being in quite hefty negative equity, then no, its not a good deal. Quite how anyone can comment without all the details is confusing.
Should have called that out, as above just check the final baloon, also make sure the mileage is adequate for you, better off having a few extra miles coverage than paying charges at the end.

Make sure comfortable with the monthlies, you don't want it being a burden on you.

Should have called that out, as above just check the final baloon, also make sure the mileage is adequate for you, better off having a few extra miles coverage than paying charges at the end.

Make sure comfortable with the monthlies, you don't want it being a burden on you.

Final payment is 19k, and the miles are perfect for me, i only do around 6k a year due to having a company car anyway

Reactions: Jassyo06

What exactly do you mean? The GFV is the same for everyone and is on Audi's Finance calculator (well, at the time the finance is arranged. It does change quarterly).

He will only be in negative equity at the end if the car is worth less in trade in than the final GVF amount. Your guess is as good as anyones else's what the car will be worth in 4 years time...!

12% discount, as well as the finance contribution is very good in my books! But then its a fairly highly specced car.

Final payment is 19k, and the miles are perfect for me, i only do around 6k a year due to having a company car anyway
£37k all in if purchased it then, minimal interest really.

I've never taken the balloon and rolled onto something else.

That's curious...the Audi finance calculator has it at £17,766.90 for 5k miles over 48m...?

£37k all in if purchased it then, minimal interest really.

I've never taken the balloon and rolled onto something else.

Think you've missed off the £2k down payment, so over £4k interest paid ((372*47)+19000+2000 = 38484).

That's curious...the Audi finance calculator has it at £17,766.90 for 5k miles over 48m...?

Think you've missed off the £2k down payment, so over £4k interest paid ((372*47)+19000+2000 = 38484).
I sure did, you'd never believe I work in finance!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
I sure did, you'd never believe I work in finance!!!

Haha....the amount of times I did that when trying to work out the man maths....makes it seem like a no brainer....then you realise -__-

....Then think sod it, I'll do it anyway...!

Haha....the amount of times I did that when trying to work out the man maths....makes it seem like a no brainer....then you realise -__-

....Then think sod it, I'll do it anyway...!
Haha you are right, I swapped out of my TT too early and have had to carry some neg equity in my monthlies, again man maths justified it.

Stupid really but nothing major.

I know you are on below average mileage but final payment looks a little high. As a ball park 4 year value will be half list price so don't expect to have anything to put down on the next one if you decide to go that way after your 4 years.

My GMFV is £19k 8k miles 4 years pcp, as for the OP 12-5% discount is very good considering its list price
But ditch that ibis.... Lol

Reactions: KenL and MB86
When I was in Audi jus at the weekend there, fiancé signing the dotted line for the Q3 Black edition due September, I asked the guy about discount for the S3 when I come to order December. He advised me circa 7%. That's pretty sh*t in comparison. Maybe do need to look at drivethedeal/carwow/orangewheels etc and order through them. As car I specced for 41,420, comes in at 36,305 after!

Reactions: KenL and Jassyo06
Looks a good deal! As long as the monthlies are manageable go for it!

When I was in Audi jus at the weekend there, fiancé signing the dotted line for the Q3 Black edition due September, I asked the guy about discount for the S3 when I come to order December. He advised me circa 7%. That's pretty sh*t in comparison. Maybe do need to look at drivethedeal/carwow/orangewheels etc and order through them. As car I specced for 41,420, comes in at 36,305 after!
I can give you a name and email of a gent who give ya almost double that discount mate well at least 13% lol

Reactions: KenL
Q3 Black edition looks sick mate and some good deals to be had on them

I can give you a name and email of a gent who give ya almost double that discount mate well at least 13% lol

Really?! Send it over...please ha. Presume Scotland based?

Would make a hell of a difference on the monthlies a sizeable discount like that.

Q3 Black edition looks sick mate and some good deals to be had on them

Yeh, she got a really good deal! Amazed that they are 34k from new. Come with all the kit she would need. She's gone for Daytona and keeping the standard black wheels, looks very smart!!!

Really?! Send it over...please ha. Presume Scotland based?

Would make a hell of a difference on the monthlies a sizeable discount like that.
No England mate that's the only territory for the best discounts, but @Rolly12 got a great discount from Edinburgh Audi

Yeh, she got a really good deal! Amazed that they are 34k from new. Come with all the kit she would need. She's gone for Daytona and keeping the standard black wheels, looks very smart!!!
Doesn't amaze me the price of any Audi these days lol

Will check out Edinburgh Audi then!

What's the garage down south, presume the one you ordered from?

Thanks

Yeah it is mate Whetstone Audi via coast2coastcars the chap was really knowledgeable and extremely helpful,more than my off spring ever was lol

Reactions: Tom.H and FBF01
Haaaaa hope you didn't tell him that lol

Thanks very much!

Think my son knows lol too wrapped up by the constraints of frickin Glasgow Audi not enough time to do **** bar sell the frickin things in that place

Reactions: FBF01
Think my son knows lol too wrapped up by the constraints of frickin Glasgow Audi not enough time to do **** bar sell the frickin things in that place

What beemer garage is he at now jassy?

My GMFV is £19k 8k miles 4 years pcp, as for the OP 12-5% discount is very good considering its list price
But ditch that ibis.... Lol

Here you!
There's nought wrong with Ibis, it's free and looks cool when clean
You can't see the colour when driving it anyway, can't understand why u would pay more for a paint colour

No England mate that's the only territory for the best discounts, but @Rolly12 got a great discount from Edinburgh Audi
Not an S3 (base car) but Edinburgh Audi matched the best price I found on broker sites last year.

Reactions: FBF01 and Rolly12
I got 12.45% off a BE sportback

Reactions: Jassyo06, iTzCraigooo and FBF01
Who did you deal with at Edinburgh Audi out of interest? May call them to see if they can do a better deal on the finances Q3 Black edition

I got a quote from Croydon that they matched. I'll pm you his name mate, he was brilliant to contact

Reactions: FBF01 and Jassyo06