S3 is going :-( A3 S-line is coming :-) #GUTTED

ts been an absolute killer .....but finally i have seen sense and can say "I cannot afford that car"

I looked at Audis

I looked at Golfs

I looked at Sciroccos

.....but then this happened !!!

DS3 Performance Black

Its cheap...full of gadge...and 210hp ...and Matt black

And ironically its the car i had b4 the S3 lol. I always said if only they did a bigger engine i wouldnt mind having another one.

Its not forever and will keep me happy whilst i enjoy Glastonbury. ..2 holidays. ..and multiple other events planned this year
It's all about priorities David there's more to life than a car,not much lol but a wee holiday and a bit of a social life is more a priority at your age mate

Reactions: David83S3
Exactly! ! Its just taken me a while to realise it. My car is important to me and means more to me than most feel about thier cars .....but just for a while i can settle on something further down the wish list.

I am even more excited now for when i do settle down ....mortgage.....all that stuff and can then get back into an Audi or whatever takes my fancy.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Its been an absolute killer .....but finally i have seen sense and can say "I cannot afford that car"

I looked at Audis

I looked at Golfs

I looked at Sciroccos

DS3 Performance Black

And ironically its the car i had b4 the S3 lol. I always said if only they did a bigger engine i wouldnt mind having another one.

Its not forever and will keep me happy whilst i enjoy Glastonbury. ..2 holidays. ..and multiple other events planned this year

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Rob2k68
Its been an absolute killer .....but finally i have seen sense and can say "I cannot afford that car"

I looked at Audis

I looked at Golfs

I looked at Sciroccos

DS3 Performance Black

Nice mate the 1-6 thp engine In that guise is a peach mate, loads of torque

Reactions: David83S3 and Rob2k68
ts been an absolute killer .....but finally i have seen sense and can say "I cannot afford that car"

I looked at Audis

I looked at Golfs

I looked at Sciroccos

DS3 Performance Black

It's all about what gives you the option to do what you want and the DS3 does that for you :)

I'm thinking keeping the S3 means we can afford 30K less on a house. But then looking at down-grading, if it was an A1, we would only be able to get 10K more on a house. Not sure if it's worth giving the S3 back unless, I hand it back and get something real cheap on PCP or a sh1tter for cash :/

It's all about what gives you the option to do what you want and the DS3 does that for you :)

I'm thinking keeping the S3 means we can afford 30K less on a house. But then looking at down-grading, if it was an A1, we would only be able to get 10K more on a house. Not sure if it's worth giving the S3 back unless, I hand it back and get something real cheap on PCP or a sh1tter for cash :/

You have taken a massive hit in depreciation on your car.....it won't be worth that much less this time next year,but if your eager to get a better house something has to give big time

If a newish car is important then a cheap pcp deal is your best option

Its actually such a relief i have finally made a decision. ....its been troubling me for some time now.

...and its a killer of a decision to make for a car enthusiast!

But .... theres more to life

And .....most importantly. ..

ITS NOT FOREVER

I almost did the old banger route as i was so fed up of trying to decide i thought buga it ...just go silly cheap and reap the rewards .....but i couldnt do it!!

Best of luck Vins .....I think you already know deep down what you need to do I did all along ......just had to come to terms with it

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
You have taken a massive hit in depreciation on your car.....it won't be worth that much less this time next year,but if your eager to get a better house something has to give big time

If a newish car is important then a cheap pcp deal is your best option

It's not about the depreciation. Mortgage companies are taking what I paid for the car as a debt and deducting this figure (30K) from the amount I can borrow. Even though it's on PCP...

I'm not sure if a PCH would be better from a mortgage point of view? Just waiting to hear from the stealers.

Done !! New car is ordered and jesus it was a piece of **** walking in there with a carwow deal .....telling them to beat it ....they did ...I signed !!

Compare that to when I bought the S3 .....took me 2 months to do the S3 lol ..... 1.5hrs on this :tearsofjoy:

This will put £200 in my back pocket each month not including fuel ....but I doubt I am going to save anything worth talking about on the fuel side of things :grinning:

Actually rather looking forward to driving the little go-kart now :smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rob2k68, AndyB-S3 and veeeight
DS3 2016 Launch 181 710x473

That's the little beast ......

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Yes I believe the DS3 lead the way on DRLs !!

The wheels are very Audi rotors ...with a slight twist lol

Glad you're sorted mate and that niggle has gone away allowing you to focus on other things.

DS looks a cracker mate - don't forget to keep an eye on us in here tho ! ;o)

Got the forum saved in my tool bar ;-) and I will be back in an Audi one day for sure as they are beautiful cars!

This is an amazing forum and full of great people ......I guess the only people that understand me as all my family & friends think I am crazy when it comes to cars :scared2: .....but its my ting :racer:

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
Clearly sounds like you've made the right decision mate - I think I mentioned earlier in the thread I did the same and am now back in an S3.

I'll no doubt downgrade again car wise when life dictates I need to though!

Reactions: David83S3 and Rob2k68
Clearly sounds like you've made the right decision mate - I think I mentioned earlier in the thread I did the same and am now back in an S3.

I'll no doubt downgrade again car wise when life dictates I need to though!

Yep !! :yahoo: So happy I have (Finally) made the right decision and the new motor ain't too shabby either :whistle2:

The only thing I am finding hard to come to terms with is .......... No centre armrest in the DS :wtf: ...... Not sure how I am going to cope .....Where will I put my left arm .....I am really not sure how this is going to work .....I may have to just chop it off :scared2: (lol)

:footy:

All in all .......I will have a car that does 0-62kmph in 6.5sec .......looks rather tasty in Matte Black (New cleaning products required ....sigh) ........and I will be £2400 a year better off :sign wow: ...(Probably more like £2100 after I have purchased matte cleaning products)

:checkeredflag:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Yep !! :yahoo: So happy I have (Finally) made the right decision and the new motor ain't too shabby either :whistle2:

The only thing I am finding hard to come to terms with is .......... No centre armrest in the DS :wtf: ...... Not sure how I am going to cope .....Where will I put my left arm .....I am really not sure how this is going to work .....I may have to just chop it off :scared2: (lol)

:footy:

All in all .......I will have a car that does 0-62kmph in 6.5sec .......looks rather tasty in Matte Black (New cleaning products required ....sigh) ........and I will be £2400 a year better off :sign wow: ...(Probably more like £2100 after I have purchased matte cleaning products)

:checkeredflag:

Nice one David, glad things have worked out for you :)

Lets be honest 60 in 6.5secs is hardly shabby is it. Apart from my S3 that's quicker than any car I've ever owned!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and David83S3
Cracking looking car! I've always liked the DRL's on them, they were one of the first cars with fancy DRL's if I'm right in saying so?

Also from that angle the alloys look a bit like Audi Rotors

Audi where the first to introduce Led day running lights on a car

Reactions: Simon L and MA3RC
Nice one David love the new led signature lights on the Ds....enjoy
Jassy

Reactions: Simon L and David83S3
Audi where the first to introduce Led day running lights on a car
I did not know that! I guess the DS3 being a cheaper car meant there were more on the roads than an Audi.

Which Audi was it out of curiosity?

Reactions: Jassyo06
It's all about priorities David there's more to life than a car,not much lol but a wee holiday and a bit of a social life is more a priority at your age mate

i don't know about that, i opted for an avant and then lived in it for approx 8 months, not paying rent, bills, tax's etc.
and it gave me a substantial "savings" as a house is all but a grand a month to run, and i managed to save that.

then i met my, now wife, and moved in with her, and she pays for everything anyway, so i got the s3 and I'm still winning.
using the money i saved up during the avant time, and living with her for next to fack all, its given us a good deposit on a house and paid for the wedding nicely.

i guess it depend what people want in life - i just wanted a nice car and in time, to have a little mortgage as possible to pay off as soon as possible and prepared to go through what ever it took to get me in that position. I'm now 26 and have more than one property and only 74k of mortgage. which over 3 properties isn't bad imo!

Reactions: David83S3 and Simon L
i don't know about that, i opted for an avant and then lived in it for approx 8 months, not paying rent, bills, tax's etc.
and it gave me a substantial "savings" as a house is all but a grand a month to run, and i managed to save that.

then i met my, now wife, and moved in with her, and she pays for everything anyway, so i got the s3 and I'm still winning.
using the money i saved up during the avant time, and living with her for next to fack all, its given us a good deposit on a house and paid for the wedding nicely.

i guess it depend what people want in life - i just wanted a nice car and in time, to have a little mortgage as possible to pay off as soon as possible and prepared to go through what ever it took to get me in that position. I'm now 26 and have more than one property and only 74k of mortgage. which over 3 properties isn't bad imo!

Great story mate, **** knows what's it's done to yer back sleeping in the car for 8 months but no denying the savings!! lol

Reactions: RO65ERS
Great story mate, **** knows what's it's done to yer back sleeping in the car for 8 months but no denying the savings!! lol

I've been having months of physio actually, but then i put that down to my job - main dealer tech. so i put it down to leaning over engines and lifting gearboxes.
i had 2 king size duvets, so slept on one, which was nicer than people might think! the avant had "blinds" in the windows, swell as tints, so it was dark when needed.
also it was great for chat up lines. leather furniture, every room has a view, air con, lol...

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
I've been having months of physio actually, but then i put that down to my job - main dealer tech. so i put it down to leaning over engines and lifting gearboxes.
i had 2 king size duvets, so slept on one, which was nicer than people might think! the avant had "blinds" in the windows, swell as tints, so it was dark when needed.
also it was great for chat up lines. leather furniture, every room has a view, air con, lol...

RO65ERS....no more....Macaulay culkin....Home Alone in me Audi....LOL

Reactions: RO65ERS and Simon L
I did not know that! I guess the DS3 being a cheaper car meant there were more on the roads than an Audi.

A4 8 Years ago

Reactions: MA3RC