S3 is 3 year old now. what to do? Stage2?

Brett Butler

Reaction score
Website
www,brettbutler.co.uk
My S3 is 3 yr old now, (2010) is it worth taking past stage one?

I do above average milage, 40k so far, is it worth it, spending more cash on it?

1/. Would it last me 2 years. How easy would it be to sell in one or 2 yrs time? or would I have to make it standard again

2/. What % does the risk rise that taking it from stage 1 that it will break the engine or gearbox, can the DSG handle the upgrade easy? will it last me a couple of years and satisfy my need for more Power.

3/. What stage do I need to go to to get it to like 350 BHP, Do I need to start thinking brakes etc. and other Hardware?

4/. It is not if I drive like a looney all the time but would be nice to have that extra power every now again, most of all though I want low down torque.

5/. Should I spend no more, and just give it a year and see if Audi do release the A3 saloon with the 5 pot engine, They are going to release a A3 Saloon for sure. If not get the New AMG A45 Saloon, (I think it looks good and I like the inside)

Thanks

Last edited:
My S3 is 3 yr old now, (2010) is it worth taking past stage one?

I do above average milage, 40k so far, is it worth it, spending more cash on it?

1/. Would it last me 2 years. How easy would it be to sell in one or 2 yrs time? or would I have to make it standard again

2/. What % does the risk rise that taking it from stage 1 that it will break the engine or gearbox, can the DSG handle the upgrade easy? will it last me a couple of years and satisfy my need for more Power.

3/. What stage do I need to go to to get it to like 350 BHP, Do I need to start thinking brakes etc. and other Hardware?

4/. It is not if I drive like a looney all the time but would be nice to have that extra power every now again, most of all though I want low down torque.

5/. Should I spend no more, and just give it a year and see if Audi do release the A3 saloon with the 5 pot engine, They are going to release a A3 Saloon for sure. If not get the New AMG A45 Saloon, (I think it looks good and I like the inside)

Thanks

In my opinion it would last.

Mine has done over 50 000 miles,most of that at Stg3 and above,but returning it to stock before selling is a good idea.

The engine is good for 440bhp on stock internals and up to 360 bhp is reliable,and the DSG clutch is also good for that.

Stg2+ would give you around 360 bhp and 360lbs,but for that you need the exhaust,CAI and HPFP.

Reactions: Brett Butler
2+ costs around 2500-3000 all in for parts, fitting and mapping! :)

Exhaust and sports cat 1000-1200
intake 300-400
fuel pump 300-800
Software 400-600
fitting 300-500

Last edited:
Thanks S3 Alex
Sort of cost for hardware and fitting?

Sorry Brett.

Was busy and didnt see the question.

Right now,I would go for the AMDTuning CAI,which is £350 with heat shield,and also the Loba HPFP which is around £450,so thos together might save a little,as well as being the best around currently.

Dont forget that for Stg2+,you will need to factor in suspension and possibly brakes to get the most from it,so you may want another £3k for those.