S3 Insurance

DGF

Reaction score
Any advice gents on best deal for a London based experienced driver with clean record.
Looking to save some pennies, currently have Audi Insurance, but sure there must be better deals out there.

Always find Aviva very competitive - they are also very good if you ever need to claim.

Aviva was £50 more expensive and £200 more expensive in terms of excess

Admiral = £350 + £150 excess
Aviva = £400 + £350 excess

Aviva was £50 more expensive and £200 more expensive in terms of excess

Admiral = £350 + £150 excess
Aviva = £400 + £350 excess

Bad news for you but on the OP's own details they might offer a good deal. Hard to compare individual quotes - the OP will have totally different insurance variables to you

Any advice gents on best deal for a London based experienced driver with clean record.
Looking to save some pennies, currently have Audi Insurance, but sure there must be better deals out there.

OP - I'm with Audi insurance and have got them to price match my cheapest quote in the past which they have been prepared to do. Worth a go.....:)

£800 with Elephant for me. Phoned them to make sure that my apartment parking was classified correctley. Apparently confused.com hadnt put in the correct vehicle details. Cue increase to £1290.

This was after they issued the certificate but before the policy started. Little bit annoying.

Hi,
Feel free to give us a try, if you wanted to PM me your details I can arrange a call back from our quotes team.

Regards,
Dan.

Thanks Dan, but the i tried ringing you a couple of weeks back and as a 23 year old trying to insure a brand new S3 I got scoffed at in disbelief. Needless to say I wasnt impressed, and the quote was around £2k. Obviously the OPs milage may vary.

Having rang Elephant (again) they put the old model in by mistake. Corrected this and gave me a slight refund over the original premium. At £800 Im pretty happy, considering it's central Manchester. Something to watch out for I suppose.

When you've got your cheapest quote, don't forget to use the cashback sites, quidco & topcashback, to get further savings :thumbs up:

I just got my insurance sorted for picking my s3 up next week (29th) just turned 25, 4 year ncb-£597! £62 more than my currant s3 8p! Thats with admiral thot thats realy good

hi guys just red this thread. im thinking of getting an s3 in the next wee while and aviva quoted me 400 quid for 21 year old with 3 years ncb! less than half of what moneysupermarket offered!

hi guys just red this thread. im thinking of getting an s3 in the next wee while and aviva quoted me 400 quid for 21 year old with 3 years ncb! less than half of what moneysupermarket offered!
Use the Aviva drive app. Just drive 200 miles 'safely' and then get another 10% off :) I did that along with the addition 15% off for having home insurance with them, got everything included for £302.

Reactions: Cameronmurray3
Im in London me and my partner insurance is 498 with esure. Im 27.

Aviva are the only company I've been with in years where their renewal price can't be beaten. Also £20 cheaper to renew online! £250 all in for my S3. Happy with that.

Aviva are the only company I've been with in years where their renewal price can't be beaten. Also £20 cheaper to renew online! £250 all in for my S3. Happy with that.
I added my sister to the insurance (no way she will ever drive it though) but it still came down by £20 :)

If your car is modified in any way,try Greenlight.

They've been very helpful,as well as very competitive for me,paying a little over £600 on a 500+bhp car.

Before I purchased I ran a quote through compare the market just to avoid any nasty surprises. Always good to just see what figure you should be able to achieve.

Yep I did the same and it came out cheaper than my Rav-4!! The cheapest was £180 :)

Some benefits to being an fart ;)

Reactions: S3Alex
Yep I did the same and it came out cheaper than my Rav-4!! The cheapest was £180 :)

Some benefits to being an fart ;)

Got to agree with you there.

I still have memories of paying over £2k/year.

Reactions: Simon L
Got to agree with you there.

I still have memories of paying over £2k/year.

£2k!!!! Jesus wept :(

The most I've ever paid was £370 when I had an Astra GTE Mk1 aged 21. Bit of a donkey by today's standards but it was the dogs danglies at the time ;)

£2k!!!! Jesus wept :(

The most I've ever paid was £370 when I had an Astra GTE Mk1 aged 21. Bit of a donkey by today's standards but it was the dogs danglies at the time ;)

It was on one of the Cosworths....I nearly died when that came through the door,and at the time it was the only company left that would insure them.

funny how things go....obviously I'm ancient now,but I'm running a more powerful car for a LOT less.

Got an e-mail from Admiral yesterday telling me that they've checked my quote details against similar quote and i owe them £40 because of my factory fitted extras, what a load of cr@p. When i put my details in i valued the car at £38000 and listed my sat nav etc. Turns out they want the base price of the car and then you list your options. They seem to be the only ones that do this. The fact they waited till after my cancellation period to advise me of this has kinda pi55ed me off a wee bit :(

Insurance is really down to individual circumstances, you lot comparing each others premiums is like comparing apples and pears.

Best thing you can do is simply use the compare engines and ring around a few insurers who are not on the panels i.e. Direct Line / Aviva, even going to a broker doesn't get you a whole of market comparison.

Got an e-mail from Admiral yesterday telling me that they've checked my quote details against similar quote and i owe them £40 because of my factory fitted extras, what a load of cr@p. When i put my details in i valued the car at £38000 and listed my sat nav etc. Turns out they want the base price of the car and then you list your options. They seem to be the only ones that do this. The fact they waited till after my cancellation period to advise me of this has kinda pi55ed me off a wee bit :(
Surely the cancellation/change of contract works both ways? How can they wait until you forfeit the right to cancel and then say oh by the way we are charging you more...if that's the case then surely it's the start of a 'new' contract! Which would then mean you have a 14 day period to cancel and get a full refund!!!

Surely the cancellation/change of contract works both ways? How can they wait until you forfeit the right to cancel and then say oh by the way we are charging you more...if that's the case then surely it's the start of a 'new' contract! Which would then mean you have a 14 day period to cancel and get a full refund!!!

Yeah, i suppose thats right. Not hugely fussed as they were still the cheapest even with the extra. Although reducing the car value to £34500 did take £7 off :) it's just the way it was done that annoyed me. Still only £320 with the wife on though so can't complain (only had a license for 2 months)

They have changed T's and C's so you get a new cooling off period, cancel and use comparison sites.....SIMPLES

Yeah, i suppose thats right. Not hugely fussed as they were still the cheapest even with the extra. Although reducing the car value to £34500 did take £7 off :) it's just the way it was done that annoyed me. Still only £320 with the wife on though so can't complain (only had a license for 2 months)
Ahh right, I just thought that you wanted to tell them to stick it, but thought you couldn't as the time had passed :)

I live in Buckinghamshire, I'm 65 with a clean driving record, my car is parked on the drive but not garaged. These days I don't cover nearly the distances I used to before I retired, so it's now under 7,000 miles a year.

As an IAM member I was able to deal with IAM Surety who, through the services of Cornmarket Insurance Services, came up with £265 fully comp for my wife and I with Ageas (£100 excess), plus £52 for full breakdown/rescue cover with Call Assist.

That's under £320 all in and I'm perfectly happy with that!

I went through all the comparison sites and all the companies which dont us them too. Admiral were by far the cheapest. Quite a few wouldn't put the wife on due to lack of experience. I've got 6 meerkats in the games room so went with confused so i could get a Brian :)

Reactions: Daveotto and Simon L
I wonder how many people just look at the price of their policy, rather than the policy itself? I can get quotes around £200 fully comp, but I'm not going to do that as there's a few things that IMO are worth paying for - e.g. protected excess, decent hire car, etc. If you have to claim, you'll be very glad you added such things. Case in point, a mate of mine was bragging about only paying a few hundred quid to insure his car, then had an accident in it and ended up paying out £700 in excesses and got the most awful little citroen sardine can of a courtesy car for two weeks. Worth thinking about...

Reactions: JohnM100
I wonder how many people just look at the price of their policy, rather than the policy itself? I can get quotes around £200 fully comp, but I'm not going to do that as there's a few things that IMO are worth paying for - e.g. protected excess, decent hire car, etc. If you have to claim, you'll be very glad you added such things. Case in point, a mate of mine was bragging about only paying a few hundred quid to insure his car, then had an accident in it and ended up paying out £700 in excesses and got the most awful little citroen sardine can of a courtesy car for two weeks. Worth thinking about...

Thanks for the 'heads-up' but after 30 years of buying insurance I think I know what I'm doing :)

Bragging tends to be associated with immaturity, insecurity and possibly a smidge of small willy syndrome, none of which apply to me I'm glad to say (and probably not many others here either).

When conversing on the internet it's generally a good idea not to assume your target audience has a mental age of 5. Worth thinking about.......... ;)

Reactions: Psyman79
Are you aware if you own a new Audi you get full cover for 3 years with them?
Yes thank you, I am aware of this. The Call Assist was transferred to my new car until it expires (the policy that is, not the new car!) at which time I'll cancel it and rely on the Audi insurance for recovery, etc. The Audi cover is really very good, but you do need to plough through all the small print to ensure you're getting what you expect to. Same with any policy really, so no sea change there.

Yes thank you, I am aware of this. The Call Assist was transferred to my new car until it expires (the policy that is, not the new car!) at which time I'll cancel it and rely on the Audi insurance for recovery, etc. The Audi cover is really very good, but you do need to plough through all the small print to ensure you're getting what you expect to. Same with any policy really, so no sea change there.
OK no worries ;) Just thought I'd mention it as another member in the past posted about buying breakdown cover for his new Audi, he wasn't made aware you get it for free by his salesperson! ;)

phoned up my current company (zenith) who insure my a4 quattro, with the view to buying an s3 and they won't look at me! really annoying because I'm half way through a policy and halfway towards my 3rd year no claims! looking around at the options now. any tips? my old man is a bobby which entitles me to a quote from police mutual, fingers crossed

I use Aviva - there were a couple cheaper on the comparison sites (Admiral was one), but Aviva were only £50 more and that was worth the extra for the peace of mind.

RSA were also very close...

Think I'm being bumped here. Got renwal. 899 11years ncd 600xs avia- usually very co petite but I'm yet to shop around.. Watch this space