S3 insurance renewal

dragon

Reaction score
It's that dreaded time of the year but not so bad this year.

£180 fully comp, protected NCB with a total excess of £250.

It's that dreaded time of the year but not so bad this year.

£180 fully comp, protected NCB with a total excess of £250.
Great quote buddy :thumbs up:

Who's that with?

Are you using any of the cashback sites to get that figure, ie quidco or topcashback ? & if not why not? ;) :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon
I'd have their hand off, I was 860 a year for my 2.0 diesel!! Then again I'm 22 :(

Reactions: dragon
Hadn't thought of that!! Cheers mate.

There are several quotes around the same amount!

I suppose it helps to be 40 with 11years NCB :)

Also depends on whole heap of other variables, such as where you live for starters. The of course, what are you adding to the cover to increase the premium, such as a higher level of legal cover or better courtesy car cover - which is always worth paying for or you'll end up with a shoe box on wheels if you ever have to claim... I've got 13 years NCB, no points, wrong side of 30 and all that ... £380 is the best I can get with a decent insurer along with some added cover. Put in a different post code and I can get £100 off that without too much trouble...

Mine is £350, Admiral, age 30, 7 years NCB, no warrants out for my arrest (yet)

I'm 47 have 16 years NCB, live in a nice area, no points Etc But I can't get my 2.0 TDi 184 BHP fully Comp for lest than £280

Cheapest may not necessarily be the lowest cost.................

Reactions: JohnM100 and S32B
I'm 47 have 16 years NCB, live in a nice area, no points Etc But I can't get my 2.0 TDi 184 BHP fully Comp for lest than £280
Have a crack at all the comparison sites ie gocompare etc

Then when you find the cheapest, check the cashback sites ie quidco & topcashback

Should make a difference for you I reckon Phil :thumbs up:

PS Some of the cashback sites even pay you to use some of the comparison sites ;)

Reactions: Phil-1
I'm £550 with Audi Insurance (just renewed). Have three windscreen claims and Mrs Pulp has 3 points. Happy with that to be fair. Think Esure were cheapest quote at £505 but for various reasons I would not use them.

What are they? Thinking of going with them for mine.
If you have experience in the insurance industry they have a bit of a bad reputation. Mainly around poor handling of claims

I'm £550 with Audi Insurance (just renewed). Have three windscreen claims and Mrs Pulp has 3 points. Happy with that to be fair. Think Esure were cheapest quote at £505 but for various reasons I would not use them.

Funnily enough my insurance is due at the end of the month so I tried eSure - went through the complete online form filling until right at the end it said because I have an EU (German) licence as opposed to a UK one they couldn't quote. Quite why they couldn't have told me this at the point when they asked about my licence (which was right near the beginning of the process) I'm not sure. Never had any other company refuse to quote with an EU licence.

Reactions: Pulp84
Mine is £350, Admiral, age 30, 7 years NCB, no warrants out for my arrest (yet)

It's probably more expensive because you have to leave your car for long periods when you're at sea, commanding the fleet and stuff.
:stupid:

Reactions: dragon and Cymru09
Cheapest may not necessarily be the lowest cost.................
Fully agree with this ;) Which is the cheapest A3 to buy?...why is it so much cheaper than the S3?...same goes with insurance...there is a reason why it's cheaper! Look before you buy.

It's probably more expensive because you have to leave your car for long periods when you're at sea, commanding the fleet and stuff.
:stupid:

Oh did I say Admiral, I meant of the Star Ship Enterprise.... lol

Reactions: Soulboy
Just received my renewal from Aviva - £249. Tried the comparison sites and they are all similar so will stick with Aviva. Aged 62 this month with maximum no claims etc.

Reactions: Phil-1 and dragon