S3 insurance on young driver...

Pany

Reaction score
Currently drive a 1.6 04 SE A3 since i passed at 17 and been paying around 2k as named.

Looking to buy a S3 new model this december/january, as i'm only 19 obviously insurance is high, so far best i've got is 4.5k a year from express insurance, with me as main, father on named with his 10 years ncb.

just curious if anyone here has had any luck getting insurance on a car like this and what company they used. I keep hearing admiral, but apparently im too young to be insured with them.

thanks for you time.

Pany

i dont think you'll have much chance of getting a decent quote till your 21 mate, im 23 and am paying 750 for a quattro sport! they quoted me £1200 for an s3, ive been driving 3 years and have 1 years no claims

yeah doesnt seem like i will, thanks for the input mate.

im 20, 1year driving 0 ncb.. fully comp on a s3 ...£2000

You're too young and have very little experience in the insurers eyes and thanks to young males smashing cars to bits and costing them money they hump all drivers in that age bracket with extortionate prices.

Admiral often quote cheap but I have had dealings with them on numerous occasions and they have always been a total shower of ****! Avoid them like you would avoid dipping your gravy smeared nads in a tank full of starving pirahna. Bell, Elephant and Diamond are all part of the same group and all equally as useless.

Not what you want to here but get yourself a few years NCB and some experience driving and then look at quicker cars. My brother paid £1900 to insure his Fiesta RS Turbo at 19 and he's now 27. Now costs him £300 to insure and his BMW just £450.

Don't be tempted to get mum or dad to insure it and then go on as a named driver as this is insurance fraud (technical term "Insurance Fronting" and could land you and your parents in deep doo doo). Although many seem to get away with it.

Last edited:
I had an S3 when I was 19, cant remember how much without looking, but wasn't fortunes. So it is possible..

I had an S3 when I was 19, cant remember how much without looking, but wasn't fortunes. So it is possible..

But how long ago was that? :huh: . To be honest, the insurance game has moved on very fast the last few years, more accidents and more claims. I would be totally surprised if a 19yo can get a decent quote on a brand new S3.

My cousin just passed and he's 18 and cheapest quote he got on his 1litre corsa on a 53 plate was £1100. Car was worth £1000.

21 - 3 years NCB - 2001 s3 - fully comp - £750.

But how long ago was that? :huh: . To be honest, the insurance game has moved on very fast the last few years, more accidents and more claims. I would be totally surprised if a 19yo can get a decent quote on a brand new S3.

Was back in 07. Agree, Insurance companies have changed their policies slightly and got a lot wiser.

28, 4 years driving, 4 years NCB, mods declared on a 56 plate S3 £800 fully comp with my dad as a named driver (helps a bit)

Mums/girlfriends on the policy seems to help

I tried all the comparison websites i could think of when i had to renew my insurance. One quote from all those sites was so much less than the others, that was with ibuyeco. I assume though that was luck at the time, they were possibly targeting my age group. So any could be cheaper. I would just keep trying the compare sites and phone some others up.

23, 1 NCB, Fully comp with nan(7 NCB) on policy

£1650 Admiral

20 2 years ncb 1 non fault claim 2600 with parents and girlfriend on policy as named drivers thats on a 60 plate s3.. I couldn't insure 1till I was 20..

Ash.

Paying 1.2k here when I got the quote. I was 21, fully comp with my sister as a named driver. Only one years no claims I think although it could be two.

This is with HIC but the actual policy is with Equity Red Star.

Give bell insurance a try, I don't own an S3 but they seem cheap in general.

I no it's different but I'm looking at insuring a A3 2.0 TDI sport with them I'm 19 with only driving experience without any claims, and I found they was much cheaper than any comparision site by a long way.

I'm 21 with 3 years no claims and am paying £1100ish fully comp for a3 2.0tfsi quattro with tinted windows as an idea, you'll be lucky to get decent price on S3 at your age. I was previously with elephant/admiral but found this year aidrian flux was a big saver.

Cheapest I can find on my 8l S3 is 1199 with Elephant. Just turned 21, 3 years driving 1 years ncb.

20years old 0yrs NCB 1 non fault accident 0pts £1100 on a quattro sport, and that was elephant, it was more expensive to insure my 1.9d polo shed than the audi......

I'm with Elephant also, 24, 1yr ncb with my mum as a named driver and its £541.. When i got my S3 (22 at the time) it was 740 something with same setup..

I'm with Elephant also, 24, 1yr ncb with my mum as a named driver and its £541.. When i got my S3 (22 at the time) it was 740 something with same setup..

It has to be pointed out that between the ages 21-25 is where the insurance drops by most year on year, with added NCB each year if you have your own policy and stay claim free. Everyone use to say how they want to be 25 to get a insurance drop, but I think it's more of a case the premiums can't drop off much more once you hit 25, so you rely on NCB and shopping around to get your insurance.

I just got a quote on a standard 2000 S3 being a 28yrd with 9 yrs NCB with 3 points and Admiral was cheapest @£743.51.
That's less then what i'm paying now for a '99 1.8T A3 with Adrian Flux :eek:

Last edited:
I've just renewed my insurance last week I'm 21 0 ncb licence for 3 years, mum as a named driver for 1096 quid with elephant

i have to agree with the avoid admiral like the plague!! however last yr i payed 1679 on a monthly scheme with them at 19 with 2 years ncb. just about to renew and have been offered 1046.97 paying monthly to give an idea on an 8l s3.

tom

Had my renewal through a month or two ago wanting to charge me extra at 1.3k, cancelled and moved to Admiral. New quote for the year fully comp £670 :) 22 with 3 years NCB.

i was driving a 225 ttc at 19 with bell for 1050 fully comp inc of business use

I'm 18 been driving a year and can't get insured on a 2l tdi insurance is a pain

Had my renewal through a month or two ago wanting to charge me extra at 1.3k, cancelled and moved to Admiral. New quote for the year fully comp £670 :) 22 with 3 years NCB.
Did you lie to them or something?

Im 20, 3 years no claims, live in Bath and have just bought a 2006 S3, £1250 fully comp with admiral. No lies, all the correct information, mum as a named driver and i have my work pick-up as my "other" vehicle.

Being a farmer/agricultural contractor, i am apparently the lowest possible risk with Admiral insurance and a decent postcode means i can insure the car for reasonable money.