S3 Insurance gone up?

Dansmith

Reaction score
Just got my quote for re-newal and with nothing changing (no points accidents etc) my insurance has gone up a £100. anyone else had this or is it just my insurance company having a laugh?

Anyway any reccomendations on who to try? I was with churchill but they can stick it where the sun don't shine now!

try tesco on the phone, and admiral come back ok as well. I have had the same issue every year the renewal is higher by the same company!

my mate was telling me the other day he got a quote on a scoob (cant remember which one, but anyway...) and before xmas it was 'x' amount a month later same details same car with same insurer it was £230 more, 6 weeks later it had rose another £180 needless to say he didnt buy a scoob lol

im with privilege car insurance, an unlikely contender as i thought they were only good for people with a million years ncb, but they were more than competitive for me and i got points and claims so give them a bash ;)

There was loads of accidents and claims during the snowy period, where do you think all the monies come from for these claims?

On another note, if your car is standard, the try moneysupermarket.com, it's the best one out there for standard cars after experimenting with a few of them.

Also with the amount of people making faulse injury claims, insurance premiums will continue to rise for most people for the forseable future.

Just paid my renewal with Directline last week. 10years protected NCB, and it dropped by £25 to £226 this year.:):)

Cheers,

yeah insurance always flucuates, just have to shop around. Nobody could touch admiral for my quote. Renewals usually go up for some reason, I think they just try there luck

nobody can ever touch priliege for mine...i then ALWAYS use this figure to let A Flux beat for me :) - safe to say ive been with A Flux for well over 5 years now

The S3 is very expensive to insure compared to similar cars. I had an R32 when I was 21 and insurance was around £100 less than I'm paying now at 23 with the Audi S3. Despite the R32 being in group 18 and the S3 in 17, and me not having any claims or points. Oh and the R32 is a very popular car with thieves. :think:

I switched to privilege last year from churchill, churchill couldnt come close and didnt even try to either, privilege is part fo directline too. Insurance companys try to catch people out, my requote for my house insurances has always been about £200 more each year but they catch a lot of people out with automatic renewal (i.e. pensioners who dont know how to use computers or dont want to shop about)

Can't belive it been playing about all morning and couldn't get the insurance down so thought I would try putting my mums name on it! straight away bought it down £250 even though she has three points on her licence and had a crash 3 months ago. Right now on advice I'm gonna try and get Adrian Flux to beat it!

You would think insurance companies would want to keep business so constantly lower the premiums not raise them! Just backward!

Also compare the meerkat seems to work well as a starting point if anyone is in the same boat!

not really, its business..... take account of the amount of claims etc...... inflation..... etc etc

dont forget insurance firms are only largely facilitators - most have premiums to pay to re-insurers which is why you get the costs through to you IF the re-insurer puts their premium up...if you look behind the scenes most will align up to the same re-insurer in the background and with a different deal based on various things such as volume etc

Add a second driver like you did wkith your mum. Preferably a Female over 25 and this should drop it with some companies.

Im 23, 0 ncb, havent claimed etc, no points and i was quoted £934 from elephant.. Added my mum (47yo female, no claims etc) came down £576 which i was utterly shocked at. So much so i phoned them to make sure it wasn't a problem, and they confirmed it was fine. Thats on a 10 month bonus accelerator though.

i went on my misus policy, shes 25 and im 30...mad e a few hundred quid difference.... horses for courses though, each firm has its own underwriting criteria

My DirectLine renewal quote was up about £70 from last year, went to their site and made a new quote but it was still more. Went on confused.com and Admiral quoted almost £200 less. Didn't take long to decide to change.

Direct line went up by 30 quid renewal time so I changed to Adrian Flux they went up 70 quid renewal time so I moved to sky insurance whop are sponsors on here and got it a 100 quid cheaper
Insurance companies are chancers as most people just accept the renewal price