S3 Insurance for young drivers

Hanly

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm hoping to trade up from my TDI A3 for an S3 in a few weeks. Before I call up all the companies I'd like a general idea of what it might cost. I'm 21 with 1 year NCB (3 years as a named driver prior to it lapsing, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference). Anyway, what are you guys paying currently?

A 24 with 0 ncb but been passed since i was 19 and am currently paying 2300. Last car was a3 1.8t and was paying 1150

just turned 27, 8 years ncb fc mods declared, £460ish? had a agu golf at 24 and that was around £800 if that helps at all?

Im similar to you OP.
Slightly different S3 (8P) but i got it insured in october at 20 years old with 1 year NCB for just over 1k, which quite frankly i was laughing.

Only took mine out last week and christ I must have got a pretty good deal?

My milage admittedly is currently at 1500 miles and will increase it if actually get it running, but details as it stands are 27 years old with 7years NCB 3 points, fully comp, all mods declared (absolutely every detail as sent a list with everything on as don't want any reason to not be covered) mods include rollcage, buckets, big turbo and declared guide power 650bhp
All of which was £368 with Adrian flux, the next quote to them was £700 then into £xxxx

May be worth a punt with them and make sure you listen to the extras at the end as they didn't mention anything during the quotation but £25 flux drive cover (fully comp on any car), a courtesy car if the car was written off was also another fee which wasn't needed as not my daily driver ang got simular cover on my other car....all in all managed to knock another £50-£60 off after had agreed on the price ready to pay and they were rushing through the T's & C's.

So just make sure you listen in as quite often your paying for stuff you may never need or use

Reactions: Hanly
Id never use flux again with the experiance i had with them a few yrs ago. Fecked everything up did nothing and.lost me 2yrs ncb from a non fault claim

Hi,

Feel free to give us a try for insurance on the S3. If you wanted to PM me your details I can arrange a call back from our quotes team. We can take your details and give you a price based on a vehicle you're looking at which is more accurate rather than basing it on what other people pay.

Regards
Dan.

Mine without mods is £3450, 21 years old, 1 year ncb, living in London (high risk area)

Hi mate, I am 22, 2 years NBC.
Costs me just short of 1k I was well chuffed with that.

damn guys what a price you got "up" there for insurance on S3 i mean yes i live in "banana" republic, about more or less anything but in this case i am happy i dont live in england - btw i pay 317 € (238,57 GBP) for basic insurance for one year

im 23, 0 ncb, 5 years driving, 0 claims, 0 points, low risk area £800 fully comp

Bought my s3 the other day. I'm 21 with 3 yrs ncb cost me just over 800 with Hastings direct. I thought that was great, was getting quoted 1200 other places.

Blyme, almost makes me feel glad I'm an old man, ha!!

Reactions: <tuffty/>
When i got insured on the 210bhp it was 1500 and on the 225 it was 2200 i dont know why there was price diffrence but maybe because its facelift and with extra bhp but still shouldnt make too much diffrence

wow I think I have quite a good deal after reading these! I'm 25 and have 6 points and 4 years no claims (6 points are from 2011 so nearly off my licence but not off the insurance as they look at 5years) and I pay £450 and I'm up for renewal in march! Fingers crossed its cheaper oh and thats with priviledge

05 a3 2.0tfsi Quattro 22 4years ncb comp and paying £650

When i got insured on the 210bhp it was 1500 and on the 225 it was 2200 i dont know why there was price diffrence but maybe because its facelift and with extra bhp but still shouldnt make too much diffrence

It's because in old terms the 210 was group 17 and the 225 made it into group 18.

I bought mine at 20 paying £1400 with Admiral/elephant/bell and no one could even come close. That was 9 years ago though and I think they've changed their pricing model massively in the last couple of years.

s3 225 mods declared 22 3 years ncb £1200 :thumbs up:

23 with 6 years all mods declared stage 1 with b5 tip and cone and oil catch for 700 squid fully comp on my car aswel as other cars with drivers permission pretty suite to b insured on anyone else's car when under 25 :)

31 10 yrs ncb adrian flux, 3 points speeding, all mods declared, on drive in moderate area, fully comp inc breakdown and drive any car, 26yr old gf on it, cost 650.