S3 Insurance for a 30yr old!

odnet

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecustard.com
Hi all,

OK, trying to fill my time this afternoon as the weathers crap & I'm nursing a slight hangover!!

Before the new S3 arrives (looking like the 1st march now!), thought I'd check out some insurance quotes. Vital stats are:

30, 6yr's no claims protected, 3pts SP30 (******* speed cameras!), £250 voluntary excess, living in devon, std S3 (with extras obviously but no 30" alloys or blue under body neons!!). Std alarm, no tracker or anything.

Best quote I've found so far was with Tesco for £448.35. Anyone in the same sort of bracket able to better that? And if so, please share the wealth!!

Cheers

Ivan

Swift insurance mate should just be able to get under that, have a play with the configurator and see what you come up with, think I'm paying just under what Tesco quoted you but Iv'e no points!

I used confused and ended up with a best of £380 ! OK I'm 2 years older at 32 and have 9 years NCD. Your postcode and if its garaged or not is probably going to help / hinder at this point. Other than trying to ring some of the insurance brokers advertised in the back of car mags such as Evo.

Dont bother with Audi Insurance they quoted me £1100 !

Richard

im 33, and my girlfriend is 28, i rang audi insurance and i got quoted £1480............both will clean licences

Ha ha not just me that thought they where a bit bad then !!

Richard

£1480!?!? thats just madness! how do they ever get any business!? i've driven bmw's for the past 2 years (had to buy a house so had to switch to diesel for a while!) anyway, bmw insurance, although i never went with them, were really competitive... shame audi aren't too huh!?

450 for an S3 at 30 seems pretty good to me! i'm 28 with 10yrs ncb, no points with a TDI 170 (27K list price) and the cheapest i had last year when i sorted it was £650 with AA

mmm, I'm 35 with 7 yrs NCD, clean licence, cheapest I can find is £470, so that is cheap, must be a low risk area etc, that makes a big difference.

L33TAY said:
Just done a Tesco quote, £872. In their dreams!!!!

well, devon is a bit backward in coming forward! hehe... i used tesco compare, which gave me a list of about 60 companies... not surprisingly, one of their policies came out top!! ... i think there were 2 tesco quotes, one for 448 the other for about 100 quid more... didn't bother to check which offered what, both seemed to provide the basics, protected no claims etc etc.....

steve184 said:
450 for an S3 at 30 seems pretty good to me!

Not arf !!
I am 44 with 9yrs NCB, clean licence (touch wood) best I can get is about £520,paid about the same last yr, although did do a quote on a more favourable postcode and got it down to £380, not bad.Need to move to Wiltshire though.

Mark

S3, 32, Swindon, 7 years NCB, driveway - 1 SP30 ( 4.5 years old now though ). £380 from Direct Line, might be worth giving them a try.

Also have my wife on it, 31 with no claims / convictions.

I thought it was quite reasonable, cheaper than I was paying on my LCR!

s3mike said:
£380 from Direct Line, might be worth giving them a try.

Also have my wife on it, 31 with no claims / convictions.

£ 666 with direct line, with the wife on, I have found i can save about £50 by putting the wife on the insurance. Not sure I would advise getting married to save £50 though.

Mark

Mines £520 through privilige:
29 yrs old
10+ years no claims
No penalties
London post code parked outside
Fully comp, protected no claims £200 total excess

Interestingly I got various quotes from various companies in the run up to getting my car, and the quotes from the same companies varied by up to £70-80 each month!!!

Deals to be had, but sounds like you've got a reasonable price.

It seems that there are many advantages of Living in Rural Sufolk (and some disadvantages).

Direct Line have quoted me £320 for my potential S3 - I'm 34, drive 15,000 miles per year, have 16 years no claims and no points. The car is Garaged. This is with protected no claims.

Amazingly, this means that the insurance will be £120 cheaper than my 147GTA.

Anyone who is currently with direct line?

I'm trying to get a quote and if I remember correctly, 10% off with direct-line if I have a [SIZE=-1]reference person[/SIZE]. (will need to confirm this part soon)

In case it's true, anyone here care to help me out with that? I'm not local, and dont know much drivers in the uk really.

I'm an old git at 40, wife is 37, 1 SP30 each, max NCD - mines due next week and cheapest so far is Morethan at £315 Protected, majoriy of quotes were around £480 so I'm happy. I think Postcode has a massive influence as it fairly quiet/semi rural where we live.

Im 25, 7 years Protected NCB, no convictions, with my 24 year old girlfriend who has been driving 5 or 6 years on my new S3, £630 with AA.

Live in aberdeen