S3 Injector Question.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm pondering on whole S3 injector upgrades at the moment an was curious as to wether all S3 injectors are the same or as with many audi parts there are specific revisions that effect them , if so is there any preferred revision S3 injector and does the B7 engine code play any part on which to go with, do some work better than others or better suited to B7 engines, the BUL more specifically.

Thanks
rob

Depends on goals really, I'm no wizard when it comes to 2.0t's but from what I recall S3 injectors have the correct spray pattern and can make up to 300whp but RS4 injectors are capable of 450whp (so it may have starting issues and stuff with RS4 injectors as the spray pattern is different but that's the price for performance I guess), needs a bigger turbo and hpfp to go with the injectors either way really. Pretty sure it's 8p you want but I could be wrong. Will probably need a map either way as chances are the extra fuelling will be outside the ECU's current tolerances.

Bloke who sold me some big brakes had a 450bhp RS4 eating 2.0t b7 which was ridiculous, think he got it to 500bhp in the end, 450bhp felt crazy in it though, bought a b7 RS4 after and think he's moved over to the RS3 side now.

I'm pondering on whole S3 injector upgrades at the moment an was curious as to wether all S3 injectors are the same or as with many audi parts there are specific revisions that effect them , if so is there any preferred revision S3 injector and does the B7 engine code play any part on which to go with, do some work better than others or better suited to B7 engines, the BUL more specifically.

Thanks
rob

Hi Rob. All S3 injectors are not the same. If you’re looking to buy S3 injectors then make sure you get the part number 06F906036F. There are others with a very similar part number but they won’t fit in our head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk