S3 injector clean

a3 turbp

Reaction score
not sure if this as been asked before but before I go to RTECH for my stage 2+ remap is it worth removing my injectors and sending them off to RTECH to be ultrasonic cleaned?

Yes number 3 seems to not spray well i read on a fb page

It's not a 5 min job to remove the injectors - you will need to remove the manifold. What sort of mileage are you on? You could try using a bottle of redex petrol injector cleaner with 1/4 tank of fuel as a first step?

It's done 115k. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with my injectors I'm just trying to make sure everything is spot on ready for the map

If you aren't experiencing any mis-fires or lumpy running I would not worry about them. Just make sure you have checked/replaced all the common items i.e. DV, PCV, fuel filter, plugs, cam follower.

As said above... its not a quick job. I had mine done along side doing my port cleaning, as everything was disassembled.... fun few hours that was :sadlike:

I didn't notice much rough running, or lumpiness beforehand, but two of mine were below par... no1 and no3. But now its been done it is very smooth... although the de-coke i did probably helped that..

All of them when I took them out had a few mm of soot on the end! That was with 90-95k on the car

I would advocate buying the injector puller kit if you decide to do it... I debated it, but glad i did in the end... in tighter than you think.

But also factor in new gaskets and injector seal kits... everything will have been on there a while and probably wont be as effective being reused.

There's a hand guide... I can find the link if you don't already have it

Reactions: mister.c.
As said above... its not a quick job. I had mine done along side doing my port cleaning, as everything was disassembled.... fun few hours that was :sadlike:

I didn't notice much rough running, or lumpiness beforehand, but two of mine were below par... no1 and no3. But now its been done it is very smooth... although the de-coke i did probably helped that..

All of them when I took them out had a few mm of soot on the end! That was with 90-95k on the car

I would advocate buying the injector puller kit if you decide to do it... I debated it, but glad i did in the end... in tighter than you think.

But also factor in new gaskets and injector seal kits... everything will have been on there a while and probably wont be as effective being reused.

There's a hand guide... I can find the link if you don't already have it
Hello mate, I'm taking the inlet off anyway to make access to fitting the RS4 fuel valve a little easier so I thought that for the sake of £100 for RTECH to do them it was something worth doing? I don't know about this link cus you send it me please? How do I go about decoking my inlet

That was one of the jobs I did also FPV... does make sense when off and would be fiddly in situe.

I think I paid 60 ish for mine doing, but 100 is fair I'd imagine... many don't do the direct injection type, I found.

If the injectors have never been off, and @ 115k I would think they'd benefit from a clean, even just for longevity or picking up a future problem... also I took them out whilst it's off/ I'm in there with mine.

This link should go straight to it, from the Seat forum, but same engine etc

http://op.stfu.se/cupra/guides/2.0TFSIInletManifoldInjectorValveCleanGuide.pdf

For cleaning my inlet, I just got a couple of big cans of Carb Cleaner, some small finger sized brushes and a selection of pics and scrapes. Oh and a big bag of micro fibre cloths from costco

Process I went for was;

> Pick a cylinder
> Make sure valves are closed
> Scrape the inlet with pick (it will be a sticky almost tar like substance)
> Scrape out loose bits
> Spray with carb cleaner + repeat

Once it was fairly clean, I filled the whole port with carb cleaner then repeated the above again, with the micro fibre absorbing the liquid... eventually left a nice clean port. I'd also fill the other cylinders with closed valves, with the carb cleaner from the beginning.... it would speed up the amount of time it takes, as the carb cleaner eats the deposits.
Took a few hours, but by hand in the cold. Finished 3/4 am and was high as a kite :scared2:

So I've booked my car in for engine carbon clean to come out and try that for £90 it's got to be worth doing

Interested myself, will be good to hear about your results.

If it really does a good job cleaning, you should notice a big difference.

Keep us updated

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I will do, it's booked in for Monday morning so let's see

You should notice low down rpm it wants want to go more after the carbon clean

A mobile carbon clean will do nothing on the tfsi engine , total waste of money .
I've heard some good things about the carbon cleaning on the tfsi engine. It can only be benificial and for the sake of £90 it's got to be worth doing

I've heard some good things about the carbon cleaning on the tfsi engine. It can only be benificial and for the sake of £90 it's got to be worth doing
Sorry but it doesn't do jack , the only way to properly clean the valves in with walnut blasting or manual cleaning ,engine carbon clean will do nothing , your money though .

Whilst it will never come close to being a substitute for a proper decoke method such as walnut blasting or srubbing etc. a higher mileage TFSI will still benefit to some extent from an engine carbon clean. There certainly isn't any negatives from getting it done and for under a £100, it'll do the job for the time being if you can't afford a proper decoke just yet. leshkin did a review after having it done on his S3 and seemed to rate it, although he too said after you of course can't beat a proper decoke: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/terraclean-is-it-worth-getting-done.252732/#post-2588388

Reactions: mister.c.
I've had it done hence why o know it does nothing , placebo effect , looks ads and loads of tfsi owners will tell you the same , like I say not my money so I am not fussed lol