Facelift S3 Induction

FamilymanS310

Reaction score
Recently got an S3 facelift sport back, it sounds pretty nice tbh but id like it to be a bit louder, I fancy doing the centre res delete, but ive also been looking at fancy carbon fibre induction kits that are really expensive, they look awesome but do they give any performance gain and do they sound good?
Car is completely standard and im not interested in remapping or anything

Thank you
David

Last edited:
Look at the OEM air intake mod in the sticky section. It's dead easy to do and you get some nice induction and DV noises but the performance gains are not really very noticeable. It pulls perhaps a little better at the top end but could have been down to the fact my old air filter was pretty dirty.

Reactions: FamilymanS310
As above I removed the snow grate and opened up the blanked holes on the air box, made a slight difference.
I'm just about to treat myself to the VWR600R intake on Sat while the S3 is in for a service. Hopefully I will be happy.

Reactions: MikeParkin
so I got the VWR R600 intake, Just what the doctor ordered. more intake tones under load, more turbo woosh and then normal sounding when taking it easy.
Don't expect big sound but it compliments the S3 nicely. I had the tailpipes coded open and RS6 plugs fitted but whether its placebo or not.... it does feel more responsive and much smoother through the range.

Reactions: AlS3BE