S3 Induction Kits

Yega

Born To Play!
Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered like a million times but I couldn't find a definitive answer to my question.

Is there any difference between the various induction kits available to the 2.0L TFSI engine on the S3? I can see people talking about the REVO and AMD kits but only differences I can see between the two are simply the noise they make.

Is it just down to brand preference and how much they cost? I'm planning to buy one very soon so any tips would be appreciated.

Its also down to fuel trims and performance gains...

The itg, amd, revo and evoms kits are all regarded as the best on the market.. Its really down to personal preference.. I know all the above information and i've still got a forge twintake, purely because I like the way it looks and its enclosed!

What's special about it being enclosed? I did see that one and it doesn't look the same as all the others kits.

I decided to go with Revo and love it, great performance gains, but the choice is yours.

What's special about it being enclosed? I did see that one and it doesn't look the same as all the others kits.

Nothing special really... With it being enclosed and bolted direct to the intake point, it just means less of a chance of hot air circulating the engine bay getting sooked in by the intake, but most other kits have a heat shield for that reason.. Cold dense air is what its after

Thanks for explaining. The Forge kit confused me a bit because like you said all the other ones come with a heatshield to ensure only cold air gets in, but the Forge kit doesn't have one.

Are there any distributors on this site selling induction kits?

Try Mark Brodie at Brotek.. Or Matt at MTC if you are on a budget..

Mark can supply you a cai, but ultimately you'll need to decided which 1 you want, Matt just supplys his own budget kit.., still half decent tho, just need to buy your own filter..

Cheers for the info. I'm happy to spend the £350 or so most of these places are asking. I'm trying to be patient and save up for the proper things instead of cutting corners like I did with my previous cars.

I just figured if someone here is selling these kits might as well give them my money and make contacts instead of just doing it through some random site.

Reactions: leshkin
LVS Racing were doing Revo at great prices before.

Very true.. And thats a good approach to have with these cars, at least for peace of mind if nothing else..

Theres also the possibily of someone selling 1 in the classifieds, usually you can pick up a decent 2nd hand cai for that.. Just ask about the condition if going down that route.. Nothing wrong with 2nd hand kits..

Brand new tho, for a beginner with these, Mark will easily be able to help you out... Just do some more research and decide on exactly which 1 you want...

As a good all round though. Looks and performance, i'd recommend the revo intake... Evoms is my favourite tho probably, then the twintake.. Itg is good performace wise, but looks big and clumsy to me.. Sounds daft, but i'm a bit ocd like that! Ha :)

I do like the look of the REVO one and it feels like a safe bet. I've been looking around the classifieds but couldn't see anything at the moment.

Is Mark on the forum?

@Forbzeeee Thanks for the tip, they are actually £20 than REVO themselves. Good shout.

Marks a site sponser on the page, also has his own facebook company page 'brotek'... I'd check both Mark and LVS and see what the best deal for yourself is..

I agree with most of the above.....ITG,Revo and AMD are currently the best in terms of gains and airflow.

The Revo looks the best,and is very nicely made,but my ugly old ITG seems to work well enough!

Definitely not a thing of beauty....functional describes it better.

Pick whichever you wish,and you'll get a decent result.

Awesome. Thank you all for your answers. It'd confirmed what I thought about these kits :)

I've just fitted a REVO to my standard car. Makes a great noise still and looks good!

Reactions: doctor46goat and Forbzeeee
Ordered the REVO induction kit from Brotek. Really nice and helpful guy. Will be buying again when I need more parts.

Cheers for the help everyone!

Reactions: Compkiler and Alex_Wil
Ordered the REVO induction kit from Brotek. Really nice and helpful guy. Will be buying again when I need more parts.

Cheers for the help everyone!

Mark is really helpful! helped me with all my kit for my TTE420 :)

Cheers @voorhees that just reassures me I made the right purchase.

Any tips when fitting this? Does the heatshield fit quite happily or is some extra work involved? I'm on a lookout for a TTS engine cover now just to make it complete.

It comes with instructions so fairly straight forward,saying that I had it fitted to mine by my mate who did it at his garage as a lot of improvements were getting done that day so made sense.

Got the REVO kit fitted today and it sounds awesome! Not really taken it for a proper spin to spot difference in power.

I do have one question: Is the tip of the cone filter supposed to be touching the light housing? It's not being squished or anything, its just touching.

Yes mate mine touches too! Its a fairly tight fit in there! I looked for ages at a way to try and make it fit another way but that's the way it sits. Had zero problems with it for the last few weeks so I'm guessing its fine!

Reactions: Yega
Can someone please clarify this for me, because I'm getting confused. What is the difference between these two kits:

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-...ilter-intake-system-with-camcoat#.VO-jh_msWCT
http://www.revotechnik.com/product-...ilter-intake-system&engineid=123#.VO-j0vmsWCR

As far as I can tell the actual kit is exactly the same apart from the heatshield being slightly different and obviously the price. I know REVO do a powercoated and ceramic paint coated, but I cant see any mention of that on either of these two links.

...as its a good title lets keep this going...
I can't comment on Revo, but i was running Forge Twintake for almost a year now, here's my story about it...
...bought Twintake cos it's in my opinion best lookin' intake by far, i would be still running it, but...it was rubbing on coolant pipes n clamps, i was lucky i found it when did filter clean up, i reckon another week or so n 90' silicone hose would have a hole after the filter so it would be not only leaking but sucking in all sort of crap from engine bay, did a patch up job cos really didn't want to change the intake, later found that canister is rubbing on smaller coolant pipe...
...another problem was the noise Twintake was making, it was coming from second canister, cos in my opinion it was there just to fill the gap n give a awesome look...i connected the air duct from fog light to second canister, noise was gone n i had some very good results on dyno, cos now both canisters had air being forced in them...was running this set up for a long time, until found that my air duct had metal rings and all of them where covered in rust all the way up so water n rust was getting to filters and Twintakes filters being dry filters, it just had to go back to forge design...noise was back and performance dropped...Twintakes days where numbered...
...so got myself AmD intake...first impressions its not a looker', but as long as it does the job i'll be happy...
...story so far with AmD intake...
...it comes with heat shield on the side, but not above the manifold...luckily that i had bought a heat shield after buying Twintake which didn't come with one as well, don't know why...got one from ebay for 25 £, anyway so got the second heat shield fitted... then i didn't like how filter was touching everything on its sides n hood, had to move it back a bit, but the side heat shield don't allow it, so had to modify that a bit...after a bit of cutting i was happy with the position of the filter. Then i decided to connect the air duct back on the fog light so filter gets some really cold air from underneath as well, left the air duct about 15cm from filter and it being oiled it should be ok with a bit of moisture...
...still need to colour code the tts engine cover so the big ugly filter don't look so bad...
...performance seems fine, noise is ok as well, there is much more turbo flutter when u come of boost, but i quite like it...
...here's some pics of old and new set up...
...hope this helps someone;)

Attachments

• DSC_0131.JPG
    DSC_0131.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0231.JPG
    DSC_0231.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
  • DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    910.7 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 310
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    534.4 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 910
Reactions: doctor46goat
Very nice.
Someone's been busy!

I have no idea what sort of intake I'm going to be running soon.

Thx, yeah, it was the first time where i wasn't 100% happy with the new items design - side heat shield i believe is designed for revo or some other intake cos that cut out just don't seem to work with AmD intake or with my S3, maybe its just me, but thats my honest opinion...plus for the first time, i wasnt 100% happy with the end job, cos filter was touching everything and hood sound proofing was soaking up the oil from it...seems to be ok now with few tweeks...will c how it goes...

Last edited:
Thanks for continuing the thread. One thing I think Revo do right is the filter is reinforced with a metal mesh so its not as squishy as the AMD or the ITG filters. Means that even though it is touching the light housing it is still keeping its shape.

One thing I've noticed is the pipe along the top of the engine gets quite hot, but I guess its plastic and not silicone. Maybe wrap it in some heat reflective tape or is that normal?

There is a metal mesh on inside of filter bud...u can only c it when u take of filter n look inside...
I got a heat shield above the manifold as well, it didn't come with amd nor forge kits, had to buy it from ebay...makes a lot of dif...

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 346
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 276
Got any links to them heat tapes above Bob?

I have checked eBay and I can see some but unsure which ones/sizes to get. Also did you do both sides of the shield or just one?

Thanks again matey.

Heat tapes didn't come from ebay, would be worried to get some cheap chines copies from ebay... honestly i can't remember wot site i bought them from, sorry bud, try to google dei heat tapes n c wot sites sell them n whom u trust... i did both sides, but i guess u need to do only underside of shield, i just liked the gold look so did the top side as well. regarding wot size to order, just measure the item u want to wrap n c how much u will need... Dei reflect a gold ain't cheap, but u can find much cheaper options, thats up to u how much u wanna spend...

Hope this helps ;)