S3 Induction Kit

6andy69

Reaction score
Im looking to change my standard filter on my S3 for a performance one, ive had a look on K&N and green cotton both dont have these, the only one i can find is Forge but thats for a whole CAI. Does any one make the replacement filters?

Your money would be better spent on something like a Forge CAI or the Evoms. Changing the filter really isn't going to make any difference to performance / noise.

bmc make replacement and so do pipercross but you are much better off spending your money on something like the forge cai or the bmc cda, the bmc cda, pipercross viper, green twist and k 'n' n appollo, are all really good induction kits but they look a bit out of place, where as the evoms, forge, carbonio look the part too, they may be a bit more money, but well worth it! whilst ur there you can replace all your standard spec hoses for samco ones, as the standard ones can collapse under pressure and let heat in whereas samco ones are much stronger and heat resistant

Hi
Are you looking for a panel filter or an Induction kit?
Sarah

I was just looking around the see whats out there and not alot at the moment, might wait and see what K&N and Piper bring out.

http://www.amdessex.com/products.variant.cfm?variantid=370
look bout half way down, they sell a pipercross panel and a full induction kit.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010202&product=FMIND02S3

here are the evoms and dbilas intakes

http://www.vag-tuner.com/acatalog/2.0TFSI.html

http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/...amic-airbox-induction-kit-cdasp05-p-1970.html
this is the bmc cda, email them to say what ur car is and they will specify what one you need

hope that helps, i will keep an eye out, what you could do is speak to regals, (the website i just gave yo) and ask if they would be able to make up an adaptor for you, would be able to fit any induction kit!

Im looking to change my standard filter on my S3 for a performance one, ive had a look on K&N and green cotton both dont have these, the only one i can find is Forge but thats for a whole CAI. Does any one make the replacement filters?

dpm i think he told me there doing the carbonio for 185 at the mo and it looks really nice and oem under the hood plus your engine cover stays on .....:yes:

intake_carbonio_8pa3_4.jpg

For about £100 more you get an ACTUAL performance gain.....

I have a used Carbon speed sitting in the garage if your interested.. :whistle2:

Care to elaborate?
an induction kit is an ACTUAL bhp increase but i think what he is getting at, is get a remap and you will see a much higher performance increase, but before you get a remap, you should fit an induction kit and exhaust system so your remap can be designed specifically for you with the mods, which will show a higher bhp increase than without the filter n exhaust!

an induction kit is an ACTUAL bhp increase but i think what he is getting at, is get a remap and you will see a much higher performance increase, but before you get a remap, you should fit an induction kit and exhaust system so your remap can be designed specifically for you with the mods, which will show a higher bhp increase than without the filter n exhaust!

I think he means for an extra £100 spent on say an Evoms he will see a gain rather than the dubious claims of the carbonio, could be wrong though :)

Oh I thought he meant £100 more than the Forge perhaps, and I noticed he had Forge (Gold)...?

oooo maybe, i see what u mean now, like instead of getting a panel, get a full cold air induction, that would make more sense.

Sorry to Hijack thread,
but if anyone is selling a Forge CAI PM ME!

Has any body got a Evoms for sale aswell?? think this will be the best option

Care to elaborate?

Sorry. What i was saying is if you spend £100 more than the Carbonio you will get an actual performance gain. To me the Carbonio is just a waist of money, yes it looks good but in terms of BHP and LB/FT gains I don't believe there are any.

The reason my sig has Gold Forge CAI, the CAI has been wrapped in gold heat reflective tape, pictures coming soon!

Sorry. What i was saying is if you spend £100 more than the Carbonio you will get an actual performance gain. To me the Carbonio is just a waist of money, yes it looks good but in terms of BHP and LB/FT gains I don't believe there are any.

The reason my sig has Gold Forge CAI, the CAI has been wrapped in gold heat reflective tape, pictures coming soon!

Real gold?? lol

I see what you mean now. You obviously rate the Forge highly, I'm glad as I ordered one yesterday :rockwoot:

Sorry I meant the forge CAI :sorry:

Oh lol...well if it's any help,the intake was from JKM down in Portsmouth (although they just phoned Forge and it was sent from them!)

It might be worth phoning Forge direct,tell 'em you're a member on here,and see what they can do!

Where did you order it from mate?

DPM mate. Gave me a good deal on the CAI and an Hydrashield.

Forge are out of stock of the blue kits unfortunately so I'm trying to decide between black or red. Red doesn't really work with a blue car though does it?

Forge are out of stock of the blue kits unfortunately so I'm trying to decide between black or red. Red doesn't really work with a blue car though does it?

Nope ;)

I know Regal have just received a batch of the EVOMs

12V_flows.jpg

I know Regal have just received a batch of the EVOMs

Stop it! lol I actually started thinking about it then.

I intend to use the money I'll save to get the Evoms replacement engine cover.

Stop it! lol I actually started thinking about it then.

I intend to use the money I'll save to get the Evoms replacement engine cover.

I'd do the same, as when you remove the OEM stuff from the top of the engine they are Fugly!

I was just wondering though - looking at the pipe work between the Forge and Evoms, the forge is quite a lot narrower. What performance variables is that going to have???

DSC05114.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

I'd genuinely be interested to know!

Cheers guys,

will look into it this weekend,

And Staz, I think the RED kit will look alot better contrasting to the sprint blue.:yes:

Oh lol...well if it's any help,the intake was from JKM down in Portsmouth (although they just phoned Forge and it was sent from them!)

It might be worth phoning Forge direct,tell 'em you're a member on here,and see what they can do!