S3 Illuminated door sills

This makes more sense. Why would you have then continuously on even with the door closed. I've watched loads of his work on his YouTube channel. The guy is quality!
Maybe he just wrote that as it was late at night :D lol

Reactions: larbel and Rob2k68
LoL I know that feeling although late for me is around 10.00pm !!!

Think I’m going to order a F/L set and have a play.

Reactions: larbel and azibux1
LoL I know that feeling although late for me is around 10.00pm !!!

Think I’m going to order a F/L now.

Edited for you Rob lol

Reactions: larbel, azibux1 and Rob2k68
Guys... Those are widely available for about $20-50... I'm not saying that's the EXACT same product, maybe his is much much higher quality, the ones on Aliexpress/TaoBao etc are painted acrylics and some with magnetic switch that's why can connect to footwell lights. Some are connect to live switch and the door open switch, just saying...

Aliexpress being more expensive while TaoBao is dirt cheap for the same product, here's one example...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...lgo_pvid=a326fed7-4121-4769-8820-1db4d27a0076

Reactions: AL_B, Rob2k68 and azibux1
Thanks for the heads-up @larbel! A much more reasonable price, might check it out :)

Reactions: larbel
Been quoted £262 for the F/L Audi ones - might not be doing that then !!

Been quoted £262 for the F/L Audi ones - might not be doing that then !!

I could get you a set for about half of that LOL!! PM me if you want it...

@azibux1 There're many suppliers, some has better electronics and some lesser, that was just a quick example, the ones I saw in person was completely smooth, where do you think they all came from afterall? LOL

Reactions: Rob2k68
They are fitted as standard now on the F/L S-Line, I didn't know I had them till the other (v.early) morning!.

Any chance you have a link to the ones you have seen in person please @larbel? The £250 seems a lot so would be nice to get something with smooth effects for about £40/£50

I struggled searching on taoBao and aliexpress lol... my search results were not bringing back anything useful at all... Only thing that found something on aliexpress was "led scuff audi" or similar

Half price genuine Audi FL ones sounds tempting too though.... Hmmmm

Any chance you have a link to the ones you have seen in person please @larbel? The £250 seems a lot so would be nice to get something with smooth effects for about £40/£50

I struggled searching on taoBao and aliexpress lol... my search results were not bringing back anything useful at all... Only thing that found something on aliexpress was "led scuff audi" or similar

I know you like a mod or two LoL.

Which is it to be ? .... think I’m going OEM F/L if I do it. Probably replace a couple of bits of scuffed trim at the same time.

I know you like a mod or two LoL.

Which is it to be ? .... think I’m going OEM F/L if I do it. Probably replace a couple of bits of scuffed trim at the same time.
I do quite like simple little effective mods like this lol

Might wait and see the results from yours :p haha where are you thinking of wiring them to?

I do quite like simple little effective mods like this lol

Might wait and see the results from yours :p haha where are you thinking of wiring them to?

Haha LOL - not sure yet matey.

I’ll only do it if I can be sure of completely OEM functionality so need door unlock signals from each door to tap into.

Haha LOL - not sure yet matey.

I’ll only do it if I can be sure of completely OEM functionality so need door unlock signals from each door to tap into.
Yeah be keen to see wiring diagrams if anyone knows what to tap into?

@azibux1 I saw them in person at a shop, but here's couple...

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.237.VqnrMf&id=531928306234&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...05335569ed55e27b&abbucket=2&skuId=81909711382

The FL diagram is like impossible to find, still trying to figure it out before installing mine...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
@azibux1 I saw them in person at a shop, but here's couple...

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.237.VqnrMf&id=531928306234&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...05335569ed55e27b&abbucket=2&skuId=81909711382

The FL diagram is like impossible to find, still trying to figure it out before installing mine...

I’m looking also mate. Don’t want to tap into the interior courtesy light as both sills will illuminate when either door is open which isn’t what you want. Unless the light has two trigger inputs which I doubt. There must be an output from the door to tell the DIS to display the left or right door open animation so I suspect the BCM ?

Reactions: larbel and AL_B
I’m looking also mate. Don’t want to tap into the interior courtesy light as both sills will illuminate when either door is open which isn’t what you want. Unless the light has two trigger inputs which I doubt. There must be an output from the door to tell the DIS to display the left or right door open animation so I suspect the BCM ?
That sound reasonable!

I ideally also want some that say S3 not just 'S' or 'S line' if possible... The Audi vorsprung durch technik ones on aliexpress also look a nice alternative

This is the 2 pin connector on the FL door sill, the wire itself is maybe 3 to 4'? I'm sure it's supposed to go somewhere we PFL don't have since there's no connector anywhere near within the length...

IMG 3400

I guess the best bet would be still the entry lamp/warning lamp, they actually merge into one and goes to the door control module's 32 pin connector's pin 16. The problem is I have no clue on how to trace the connection once the wire is connected to the module, and the wiring is on the door card side... The best I could think of is maybe to use a Posi-tap to tap into the wires, at least that way, you can still disconnect the Posi-tap when you need to remove the door card? Thoughts? Or perhaps suggestion on how to trace the connection passed the control module?

Printing from Tmplt6 Page 11
A005A320080527

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
This is the 2 pin connector on the FL door sill, the wire itself is maybe 3 to 4'? I'm sure it's supposed to go somewhere we PFL don't have since there's no connector anywhere near within the length...

View attachment 129437

I guess the best bet would be still the entry lamp/warning lamp, they actually merge into one and goes to the door control module's 32 pin connector's pin 16. The problem is I have no clue on how to trace the connection once the wire is connected to the module, and the wiring is on the door card side... The best I could think of is maybe to use a Posi-tap to tap into the wires, at least that way, you can still disconnect the Posi-tap when you need to remove the door card? Thoughts? Or perhaps suggestion on how to trace the connection passed the control module?

View attachment 129438 View attachment 129440

Thanks for the pics mate !

I have also considered wiring into the door but just piggybacking into the door lower puddle light (audi beam) rather than the module - I’ve done something similar with the rear B&O light into the door ambient light. The issue is as you say if you ever need to remove the door (hope not!!) but you’d need to use bullet connectors here and from pics it doesn’t look like there’s a gap to pass the wires through the grommet connector block. If there’s spare pins then that makes it possible but still a lot of work. My thinking now is that there must be a signal from the door module back to the BCM telling it which door is open so it can be displayed on the DIS, tapping into this wire at the base of the A pillar so car side of the door harness would be much easier and do-able with just the lower trim panel removed so if we can identify that wire it’s not a massive job.

I did some more digging, but from the door control module to instrument cluster control module has only two wires and it's CANbus high and low, so that idea is pretty much out...

Printing from Tmplt6

That left tapping into the entry/warning lamp wire the only solution I guess... My supplier matched the door sills with female connector with exposed wires, if you really want to do it properly I guess is to find empty pins on both the grommet connector AND the 32 pin connector on the door control module, hack open the door control module and add the two pins to the connector (by soldering I guess) then merge the added wires to entry lamp... I get tired just thinking about all the works LOL Of course, it would be easier to just Posi-tap it without adding the pins to the door control, but still quite a bit of work to do the grommet connect. I'll find time to do it soon I guess LOL

This actually applies to the aftermarket door sill lights too if you want to do it properly...

Reactions: azibux1 and Rob2k68