S3 help please

cliowilliams

Reaction score
had my S3 just over 3 days now, and i absoloutely love it, i thinks its awesome. Just a few minor points that are bugging me, the 6 cd changer jumps alot, even whent the CD's aren't scratched, this especially happens when i first turn the cd player on, anyone else have this problem? I think it may be related to the cd changeer being so close to the BOSE sub?

Secondly, an annoying beep and warning light flashes whenever i reach 100mph, what is this and how do i stop it?

Thirdly, the car seems to be a little notchy in when changing gear

The car is still under warranty, so how much of this can Audi fix? cheers in advance for any advice, Mehdi

Should get it all sorted under warranty,cd and gear change i dont have a clue it could be a number of things, the beeping when you reach 100mph on private roads or tracks of course could be a thing on dash display you can set for any speed if it keeps beeping every 5seconds or so just read manual to turn it off although i thought it would reset when ignition is turned off i maybe wrong and be a mile out im sure someone will put me right.

The speed warning, there are two different ones. One that resets when you switch the ignition off and one that stays set. You need to look in the manual on how to reset it as I can't remember off hand.
Sorry can't help with the other things.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, an annoying beep and warning light flashes whenever i reach 100mph, what is this and how do i stop it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats called the 'License Keeping Reminder' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Turn your ignition to posn 2, press the left hand clock button in the dash (clock should come on). Then hold it in again for 3 secs and you should then see a speed reading show in the DIS. Use your DIS selector (right stalk) to change the speed up/down, once you've reaced your desired speed (aka 0 MPH) leave it a few seconds and its set.

The MPH 2 warning beep only goes off when you reach 5mph over your setting and then the DIS will change back when you got back under the set speed.

Graham

The CD changer jumping is nothing to do with the sub, it's just a sh*t changer. It doesn't have an anti skip memory, so any jolt will make it skip. Being bolted to the car bodywork doesn't help = no additional damping. Cleaning the lens may help, or taking it out of the changer bracket and securing it to the top of the sub using some thick foam (central heating pipe insulation cut into strips) secured with strong double sided tape (the stuff used for securing boot badges).
The Bose sub doesn't produce any hard thump, just muffled rumbling, so it won't make the changer jump.

cheers for all the reply's guys, im thinking im still gonna get Audi to check the changer. The gear problem continues, it feels like it crunches into 1st sometimes and second doesn't select quickly, it's difficult to engage, def a probloem there i think? Mehdi

Mehds. I would make sure that ur clutch is right to the deck be4 putting it into first even when rolling to a halt. Sometimes Audi Clutches have to be pushed right back to engage a gear!!!!