S3 hatchback diffuser on sportback

deniz

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster here.

My question is simple, yet apparently Audi Denmark can’t help me out :)

Does a rear diffuser (lower part of rear bumper) from a 3 door hatchback fit on a 5 door hatchback (sportback) ?

Model is a 2015 8V.

Thanks a lot all!

No unfortunately none are compatible and require a full bumper change. There are knock-off ones that will work with your existing depending if you have sline or non version of the car. Check AliExpress or eBay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe I should have added some context, but thanks for replying.

I have an A3 5 door sportback with an S3/S-line rear bumper already installed. However, as I am moving to a duplex exhaust, I need the S3 diffuser, which I also have in the basement. But, the diffuser came from an S3 3 door hatchback, and not a 5 door hatchback (sportback) like mine. Picture is of my car.

Attachments

• 0EB23C8E-752A-424C-936D-9AFEA0F74FD7.jpeg
    0EB23C8E-752A-424C-936D-9AFEA0F74FD7.jpeg
    633.6 KB · Views: 445
Its a good question and I dont know anyone whos done a job. I myself have a sportback and got hold of a 3 door bumper and realised they are not the same shape so I tell others of my experience. As for the diffuser, I guess you wont know without trying to fit them. If you know how to take the bumper off and have the time then worth giving it a shot and report back :)

That’s my plan, and I do think the diffuser is the same. I’ll let you know after I switched it. Think it can be done without removing the bumper.

That’s my plan, and I do think the diffuser is the same. I’ll let you know after I switched it. Think it can be done without removing the bumper.

I did the conversion from non sline to s line bumper but the diffuser on my 2nd hand bumper was in terrible condition. I thought I'll get a good 2nd hand sline diffuser cheap and it it on before I had the car to the garage to do some other jobs but noticed pulling off the diffuser is a lot harder without braking any clips.

All in all I think its a rear off bumper job and to look at the clips carefully to know what your dealing with.
if you do know of a way to remove the diffuser please share with us as I'm interested to put a Rieger on mine down the line (non dual exhaust tip version)

00088101.jpg

Well, the diffuser I got came attached to a S3 3 door bumper, where I removed the diffuser from. Agreed, it’s a bit of a fiddle as the “hooks” are WAY bigger than the actual holes, but I got it detached after about 15 min. using a small flat screwdriver and taking it one hook at a time. Small damage was done to the bumper in the holes from the screwdriver, but nothing major.

Here is the diffuser after I removed it and had it painted

Attachments

• BA5E21D4-9D98-43E4-8621-721FEA40E8B0.jpeg
    BA5E21D4-9D98-43E4-8621-721FEA40E8B0.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 412
Yes the one I have installed is an S3 bumper with s-line diffuser. The one I want to install is an S3 diffuser from an S3 bumper from a 3 door S3. Mine is a 5 door hatch (sportback).

Part number is 8v3807521h and I can’t seem to find one called 8v4807521h

Part numbers will vary from one country to another. If you look at ElsaWin they can have different (usually last later has some kind of meaning....maybe???)

What I usually do to help identify those pieces is look on ebay for the item, the seller usually has a close up photo of the part number (if not I ask the seller to send this info across to me) and then once I gather those 'part numbers' I google them and make a judgement which one is suitable for my car / country.

The last post in this thread was a year ago. Did you guys find out the answer? Does a diffuser off a 3-door fit a 5-door A3?

Also, can anyone answer a similar question on a FL model? Would a FL S3 diffuser fit a FL A3 S-line bumper?