Facelift s3 gpf filter

Mastachaz

Reaction score
hi guys !

Im.planning.to.buy 2017 or 2018 s3 but i k ow there is not much exhaust sound when this cars has fitted gpf .

Do anyone can help.me how I can check if s3 has this fillter installed ?.

Also.from when they start to.install them

Thank.you

68 plate onwards have gpf in the uk so a 17/18 shouldn’t have it. I have a late 18 plate and no gpf.

Reactions: Mastachaz
A Facelift (66reg+) S3 pre GPF will have 310 bhp if it’s got 300 bhp it’s got the filter, easiest way to tell :icon thumright:

thank you guys :) looks like all 19 have 300hp and filter but nothing till 19

maybe it will be who knows :)
anyway has fillter s3 lost some hp and sound.

maybe it will be who knows :)
anyway has fillter s3 lost some hp and sound.

I have a 19 plate S3 and the sound is not as good as the 66 to 18 plate cars .
Performance wise from 68 plate onwards the power dropped from 310 to 300 and 0.60 went from 4.6 to 4.7 so nothing in it really apart
from the exhaust note which is a shame .

I have a 19 plate S3 and the sound is not as good as the 66 to 18 plate cars .
Performance wise from 68 plate onwards the power dropped from 310 to 300 and 0.60 went from 4.6 to 4.7 so nothing in it really apart
from the exhaust note which is a shame .

Are you thinking about an opf delete? After the Corona I will go for it I really want some sound. Now its like driving a vacuumcleaner...
Don't get me wrong I really love the car! But I didn't know there was something like an opf before I ordered the car...

Are you thinking about an opf delete? After the Corona I will go for it I really want some sound. Now its like driving a vacuumcleaner...
Don't get me wrong I really love the car! But I didn't know there was something like an opf before I ordered the car...

No I wouldn't touch the Gpf filters its not worth the hassle imo . Haven't you already done a res delete or changed your exhaust system ?
I also didn't know about the Gpf filters and if i'am totally honest I would of got an 18 plate car after hearing both .

No I wouldn't touch the Gpf filters its not worth the hassle imo . Haven't you already done a res delete or changed your exhaust system ?
I also didn't know about the Gpf filters and if i'am totally honest I would of got an 18 plate car after hearing both .

I already got a res delete. But I will go for a decat downpipe with opf delete because the res delete is not enough for me

I already got a res delete. But I will go for a decat downpipe with opf delete because the res delete is not enough for me

What happens come MOT time, reinstate it all?

You getting any Dsg bangs on the upshift after the res delete ?

Got a soundclip from the res delete. The car only had 2k km's on the video nog he's a bit louder but for me still not good enough.

Mot is least of the worries as opf cars are less than 2 years old as it was introduced 68 plate sept 2018.
You will need a remap after opf delete and decat.
The Audi map won’t be able to compensate and it will flag Eml as the opf/cat is missing. Not to mention losing warranty.
Not trying to sound funny but did you guys not test drive the cars before you bought one?

Mot is least of the worries as opf cars are less than 2 years old as it was introduced 68 plate sept 2018.
The Audi map won’t be able to compensate and it will flag Eml as the opf/cat is missing. Not to mention losing warranty.
Not trying to sound funny but did you guys not test drive the cars before you bought one?

Agreed, just interested what people would do.

Personally I don’t agree with it being removed, it’s there for a reason but each to there own.

Will be interesting what the next gen of A3 sounds like and if Audi have spent more time on exhaust acoustics.

Yes they let me test drive one without OPF and when I made the order they said nothing about an OPF...
And I need to go stage 2 after the opf delete so yea I'm going to lose my warranty...

Yes they let me test drive one without OPF and when I made the order they said nothing about an OPF...
And I need to go stage 2 after the opf delete so yea I'm going to lose my warranty...

i would have rejected the car and got a refund :wink:

Agreed, just interested what people would do.

Personally I don’t agree with it being removed, it’s there for a reason but each to there own.

Will be interesting what the next gen of A3 sounds like and if Audi have spent more time on exhaust acoustics.
Have to agree. For a little bit of extra noise, it’s a disproportionate amount of expense, a lot of work, and when you take into account having to reflash ECU’s, destroy warranties, and render insurance policies null and void, a fair amount of risk.

A car that’s supposed to have an OPF isn’t just illegal due to the OPF being missing, it’s also considered unroadworthy without it, despite your bolting it back on for MOT time. An unroadworthy car is an uninsured car, so if you have an accident, if your car gets stolen, or if you get pulled over for some minor misdemeanour, you risk losing the car and much more besides.

This begs the question, why not buy a different exhaust pipe? You’ll get a nicer noise and it’ll still be legal. Declare it with your insurers and it’ll still be insured.

Even if you can’t find something off the shelf to suit your desire for dB, you can always have something made. I went to Hayward and Scott years ago for an exhaust system, it was custom made for me, and came out around 15kg lighter than the stock system. Sounded ****** marvellous.

Have to agree. For a little bit of extra noise, it’s a disproportionate amount of expense, a lot of work, and when you take into account having to reflash ECU’s, destroy warranties, and render insurance policies null and void, a fair amount of risk.

A car that’s supposed to have an OPF isn’t just illegal due to the OPF being missing, it’s also considered unroadworthy without it, despite your bolting it back on for MOT time. An unroadworthy car is an uninsured car, so if you have an accident, if your car gets stolen, or if you get pulled over for some minor misdemeanour, you risk losing the car and much more besides.

This begs the question, why not buy a different exhaust pipe? You’ll get a nicer noise and it’ll still be legal. Declare it with your insurers and it’ll still be insured.

Even if you can’t find something off the shelf to suit your desire for dB, you can always have something made. I went to Hayward and Scott years ago for an exhaust system, it was custom made for me, and came out around 15kg lighter than the stock system. Sounded ****** marvellous.

opf delete isn't it the same as a decat?? Decat is also "illegal" but a lot of people have a decat downpipe without any problems

opf delete isn't it the same as a decat?? Decat is also "illegal" but a lot of people have a decat downpipe without any problems

Long time since I looked into that one. Lots of cars have more than one cat. A couple of my old cars had three, two of which lived in the down pipes and were removed.

On the first of these cars, which was 20 years ago so it was Euro 2 or 3? the downpipe cats were there to certify the car for use in California where the ability for these cats to light off sooner meant it could pass the cold start emissions requirement of CARB. No such requirement in the UK back then so it would pass the MOT with its main catalyst intact, so it was deemed as ‘legal’, if not entirely ‘moral’.

Long time since I looked into that one. Lots of cars have more than one cat. A couple of my old cars had three, two of which lived in the down pipes and were removed.

On the first of these cars, which was 20 years ago so it was Euro 2 or 3? the downpipe cats were there to certify the car for use in California where the ability for these cats to light off sooner meant it could pass the cold start emissions requirement of CARB. No such requirement in the UK back then so it would pass the MOT with its main catalyst intact, so it was deemed as ‘legal’, if not entirely ‘moral’.

I just go for it... the rules here in Belgium only get worse if I want to do it its now :p Hopefully in the future we can breath without paying

Got a soundclip from the res delete. The car only had 2k km's on the video nog he's a bit louder but for me still not good enough.

And that sound is just from a Res delete ?

Last edited:

This is my Second S3 8v so just thought it would sound the same how wrong was i .
I won't be making that mistake again .

Just a thread bump here, looking at 2021 S3 (new shape) and noticed that the power is now back up at 306bhp and 295ft lbs a la the pre OPF cars, I’m presuming the GPF will still be in place therefore have they given it a bit of a power increase to compensate for all the grief they have had?