S3 Gone

dipstic

Reaction score
Well my S3 went today,I decided that I just dont use it enough and had got to a break even point with the finance and with the way the country is going regarding fuel prices etc thought it a good time to let it go.
We had 4/5 dealers trying the normal and one genuine buyer.
Polished up and collected this afternoon.
Dont know what if anything I will replace it with as I have my trusty Astra estate as a workhorse. :ohmy:

There is an SLK 55 AMG near me, I keep seeing, no, hearing it. They sound awsome. I'm toying with getting one for a litte while for a bit of fun (won't be for a while yet though!!). I reckon some of those cars will take a hit in price if the cost of petrol stays as is!!!

SLK55AMG 0-60=4.7s that must be FAST!!

My friend has that exact car an beleive it or not, the s3 is faster....

We often go for trips out in the countryside and the deal is... S3 first, because otherwise im stuck to his **** the whole way and its annoying :whip: I leave it for dust around the twisties. :)

we got an SL55 AMG and i can hear it coming home from about 4 streets away

very deep growl

My friend has that exact car an beleive it or not, the s3 is faster....

We often go for trips out in the countryside and the deal is... S3 first, because otherwise im stuck to his **** the whole way and its annoying :whip: I leave it for dust around the twisties. :)

Gosh I am shocked at that, I would have expected the SLK55 to be off with a 5.5l engine and 360bhp/510Nm.

If he's just sold the car from a financial perspective he's not likely to go for the Merc the waythat will gobble fuel.

I was speaking to a friend yesterday who has a caterham 400, apparently its a sign of the times with many of these for sale also at the moment, credit crunch and all that.

Can you believe my girlfriend's 92 year old grandmother drives an SLK55...

apparently she blacks out from time to time too...I think she should hand it over!

After looking around at whats available (and what I can afford) I think I will stick my car allowance in the bank and wait untill a DSG/TIP gearbox version of the S3 comes out (should be about next April at least thats what a not so little bird told me)

Dodo_bird.jpg