S3 Going....... but not forgotten..

zippster

Reaction score
Hey All

Its been nearly a year since I bought my S3 Hatch and 3000 miles later.. A crime I hear you gasp.. well yes I guess it has.. I've loved this car and how it drives and performs but I've just not used it as much as I should due to one thing.. Practicality!! now a few years ago I was heavily into bike racing as I have been all my life, and I had a Q5 that I drove everywhere with my bikes on the roof.. I'm slowly getting back into sportive riding again so the S3 isn't helping.. I bought a set of Whisper Aero X bars for the s3 within a week of picking it up but used them once as I was horrified of the micro scratches I managed to make on my roof from using them.. couple this with my love for snow sports the s3 cannot take me , my wife and daughter + kit anywhere..

so with great regret I visited a not so local Audi dealer today to talk about a change.. as <1year, 3000 miles is a travesty!

I've had my heart stuck on a Audi S4 Avant since the dawn of time and to be honest probably would have had one now if they hadnt stopped making them last year when I bought the s3.. :(

All is not doom and gloom as it seems that the Audi gods took pity on me today as I was about to wait 4~5 months for a new order, and the manager came to speak to me as I was new to this dealership and sure enough I knew him from years ago.. we sat and talked about 'stuff' when I asked about 'stock' in any other dealerships to which he laughed and said these things sell themselves and there is no 'new' stock sitting around. BUT.. he had a car hidden on the system from other dealers in the groups that was ordered in Jan17 with a May17 delivery date that although bigger spec than I originally wanted could be a possibility if I was serious. ..

I could go on and go.. but you can imagine how this goes.. .. so in short I have a new S4 Avant 3.0V6T in Mythos Black with Performance pack, B&O and all the bells and whistles heading my way at the end of the month.. its current sat in Ingolstadt awaiting to come over the water so ETC 2~3 weeks

Im soooo excited its going to be a long weight.. I've spend more that I initially wanted to, but knowing people in the trade I've got over £6300 off the list price and I'm happy with the price I got for mine. (its all swings and roundabouts anyways)

you can't take it with you right?

Anywho although I will post adverts in the for sale section soon I have a few 'Bits' up for grabs..

REVO AirBox carbon lid with integrated hose and panel filter (2 months old)
(started a riot here :) http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/revos-new-air-box-intake-kit.310187/ )
and some genuine RED RS air vents that I purchased not long after picking the S3 up..
oh and some genuine Audi exclusive black and red mats.( blooming hard to source)
oh and a Carl audi phone holder thingy.. if anyone is interested please PM..

I still intend to live on this forum so you don't get rid of me that easily :)

cheers just wanted to share my excitement!!

Andy..

IMG 1209 IMG 1798 IMG 1797 IMG 1801

Reactions: PanamaS3, allanmb, TDI-line and 5 others
Another one gone but a car must be practical mate and suit the family lifestyle - S4 Avant will be epic still not seen one on the road yet !!

Need collection pics !!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Sandra and zippster
Another one gone but a car must be practical mate and suit the family lifestyle - S4 Avant will be epic still not seen one on the road yet !!

Need collection pics !!

cheers rob.. I drove a demo today and It was awesome, the noise the engine makes deffo puts a BIG grin on your face, and its just felt like an S3 with a bigger boot.. i didnt notice any performance difference to be honest but I'm sure I will add few cheeky mods down the line..

pictures will follow... but in the meantime... I've reverted all my mods, swapped my numberplate back to original.. Poor S3 needs a new home..

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
cheers rob.. I drove a demo today and It was awesome, the noise the engine makes deffo puts a BIG grin on your face, and its just felt like an S3 with a bigger boot.. i didnt notice any performance difference to be honest but I'm sure I will add few cheeky mods down the line..

pictures will follow... but in the meantime... I've reverted all my mods, swapped my numberplate back to original.. Poor S3 needs a new home..

LoL I'd guessed some S4 tweaks may be on the menu :tearsofjoy: Busy morning I'll keep my eye on the classified section.

You've treasured your S3 mate so I can't see that being for sale long especially with that mileage.

Reactions: zippster
As long as its got a Pano-roof its fine by me...............lol only kidding mate, Congratulations on yer new car............and to be perfectly honest we all spend more on options than we initially intend, the S4 is a class above

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and zippster
@zippster. Congrats on the new car. Can't wait to see it. Someone is going to get a fantastic car in your S3. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, zippster and 1 other person
So Honey Wazzzzup....lol with you and yer new car mission....or have ye gone off the TTRS....???
Yeah Jassy, think it be the new rs3. How's you doing? :) x

Reactions: AudiNutta, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Yeah Jassy, think it be the new rs3. How's you doing? :) x

Sedan....???? gotta be...am ok @Sandra hope yer feelin Fandabby Dozzy...lol just contemplating where l am goin on holiday in the next 6 weeks....always looking for a bargain....lol never been to Cyprus or the Greek islands............so hopefully get to go there...X

Sedan....???? gotta be...am ok @Sandra hope yer feelin Fandabby Dozzy...lol just contemplating where l am goin on holiday in the next 6 weeks....always looking for a bargain....lol never been to Cyprus or the Greek islands............so hopefully get to go there...X
I'm sure you will have a fantastic time wherever you go. I fancy India. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
India......??? its full of Call Centres.........lol X
I not be going to call centres lol. I enjoyed China so thought India next:) x

Reactions: AudiNutta and Jassyo06
I not be going to call centres lol. I enjoyed China so thought India next:) x

Ye know me....always a wannabe Joe....kr....lol lndia does sound exotic.....though,text me when ye get there or when yer about to take off....lol

Reactions: AudiNutta and Sandra
edan....???? gotta be...am ok @Sandra hope yer feelin Fandabby Dozzy...lol just contemplating where l am goin on holiday in the next 6 weeks....always looking for a bargain....lol never been to Cyprus or the Greek islands............so hopefully get to go there...X

Cyprus is nice, we went to Coral Bay (20 mins from Pathos) a few years back but has a very British feel, we are off to Croatia (Dubrovnik, southern tip of Croatia) in about 6 weeks for the first time

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time wherever you go. I fancy India. :)

Always fancied India but the other half is not so keen, will work on it for a future trip for what looks like my impending retirement in the next few months!!!!!!

I have a new S4 Avant 3.0V6T in Mythos Black with Performance pack, B&O and all the bells and whistles heading my way at the end of the month.. its current sat in Ingolstadt awaiting to come over the water so ETC 2~3 weeks

Back on topic, a work colleague had an older S4 avant for a few years and it s cracking car...enjoy

Cyprus is nice, we went to Coral Bay (20 mins from Pathos) a few years back but has a very British feel, we are off to Croatia (Dubrovnik, southern tip of Croatia) in about 6 weeks for the first time
  • Sorry to crash the post- you will love that area= we fly out on the 4th June-staying just outside of Cavtat- Hidden Gem-Enjoy!

Always fancied India but the other half is not so keen, will work on it for a future trip for what looks like my impending retirement in the next few months!!!!!!

Back on topic, a work colleague had an older S4 avant for a few years and it s cracking car...enjoy

Cheers guys.. can't wait.. although I noticed yesterday the status updated to on the boat.. how long is the boat ride ? this waiting malarkey is hell!!

Oh and i also vote for Cyprus.. been one and really enjoyed it!

IMG 0852

Retirement?! I always had you as an image in my head being in your mid 20's. :blink:

Don't ask my why, I don't have a clue why... :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra
Cheers guys.. can't wait.. although I noticed yesterday the status updated to on the boat.. how long is the boat ride ? this waiting malarkey is hell!!

Oh and i also vote for Cyprus.. been one and really enjoyed it!

View attachment 125022

It will probably be around a week before it gets to you, depending how quick they get a transporter. If you are really lucky, maybe the end of this week?

Back off topic lol @Daveotto got booked for sensatori fethiye 11nights, dreamliner flight 1st of June mate can't ****** wait

Reactions: Georgeinabz and Daveotto
It will probably be around a week before it gets to you, depending how quick they get a transporter. If you are really lucky, maybe the end of this week?

Ooh so what your saying is it should land in the U.K. This week to thbe dealer or the port?

Getting excited

Retirement?! I always had you as an image in my head being in your mid 20's. :blink:

Don't ask my why, I don't have a clue why... :tearsofjoy:
Lol.....,Well my wife thinks I am a big kid..... just turned 54

Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
Hey All

Its been nearly a year since I bought my S3 Hatch and 3000 miles later.. A crime I hear you gasp.. well yes I guess it has.. I've loved this car and how it drives and performs but I've just not used it as much as I should due to one thing.. Practicality!! now a few years ago I was heavily into bike racing as I have been all my life, and I had a Q5 that I drove everywhere with my bikes on the roof.. I'm slowly getting back into sportive riding again so the S3 isn't helping.. I bought a set of Whisper Aero X bars for the s3 within a week of picking it up but used them once as I was horrified of the micro scratches I managed to make on my roof from using them.. couple this with my love for snow sports the s3 cannot take me , my wife and daughter + kit anywhere..

so with great regret I visited a not so local Audi dealer today to talk about a change.. as <1year, 3000 miles is a travesty!

I've had my heart stuck on a Audi S4 Avant since the dawn of time and to be honest probably would have had one now if they hadnt stopped making them last year when I bought the s3.. :(

All is not doom and gloom as it seems that the Audi gods took pity on me today as I was about to wait 4~5 months for a new order, and the manager came to speak to me as I was new to this dealership and sure enough I knew him from years ago.. we sat and talked about 'stuff' when I asked about 'stock' in any other dealerships to which he laughed and said these things sell themselves and there is no 'new' stock sitting around. BUT.. he had a car hidden on the system from other dealers in the groups that was ordered in Jan17 with a May17 delivery date that although bigger spec than I originally wanted could be a possibility if I was serious. ..

I could go on and go.. but you can imagine how this goes.. .. so in short I have a new S4 Avant 3.0V6T in Mythos Black with Performance pack, B&O and all the bells and whistles heading my way at the end of the month.. its current sat in Ingolstadt awaiting to come over the water so ETC 2~3 weeks

Im soooo excited its going to be a long weight.. I've spend more that I initially wanted to, but knowing people in the trade I've got over £6300 off the list price and I'm happy with the price I got for mine. (its all swings and roundabouts anyways)

you can't take it with you right?

Anywho although I will post adverts in the for sale section soon I have a few 'Bits' up for grabs..

REVO AirBox carbon lid with integrated hose and panel filter (2 months old)
(started a riot here :) http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/revos-new-air-box-intake-kit.310187/ )
and some genuine RED RS air vents that I purchased not long after picking the S3 up..
oh and some genuine Audi exclusive black and red mats.( blooming hard to source)
oh and a Carl audi phone holder thingy.. if anyone is interested please PM..

I still intend to live on this forum so you don't get rid of me that easily :)

cheers just wanted to share my excitement!!

Andy..

View attachment 124841 View attachment 124842 View attachment 124843 View attachment 124844

Sad to see you going from the S3 but the new S4 sounds great! You'll have a blast I'm sure :-D

I'm interested in the red air vents! I'll PM you :)

Ooh so what your saying is it should land in the U.K. This week to thbe dealer or the port?

Getting excited

It will definitely be in the port, if all goes well then it should be at the dealer by the end of the week. Time to get excited!!

Once it's in the U.K. the dealer has to put in a transport request, so get onto them and make sure it's requested the hour it lands.

How much do you want for the airbox lid and pipe?

have fun in the new car @zippster ! sounds (and am sure looks too) great, have always been a fan of the uber wagon express....and I second Rob....pics on collection please
Cyprus or Greece @jassyo06 ? hallooo matey peeps :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and zippster