S3 - Glasgow mechanics

Chris5

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend good garages around Glasgow area to fit my lowering springs.
Found a garage online took my car there and drove off when I seen the place as it looked a dump, can't imagine they would take much care of doing work on my car.
The small things concern me like chipping the alloys when putting the gun in to unscrew the bolts.
Want the best job.

There's a great wee Indy out in Carfin Industrial Estate, Weir's Autos. Used them with some my past cars and I know people who still use them regularly. Might be 10-20 miles out of Glasgow for you but they are good guys.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Chris5
What about Auto-Tec, they in port Glasgow and are site sponsors. Phone no. is 01475 742800

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Chris5
Just because it doesn't look great means nothing.
It will keep costs down by not being in fancy premises.Should mean a less expensive bill. However you would need to get someone to give you an honest review before entrusting your motor to them.

Reactions: Chris5
Might be a bit out the way, but I went from Lanark to Star Performance in Kirkaldy to get my coilovers fitted. Well worth the trip, first class service from a proper enthusiast that really seems to care about his work (rare these days) and pretty reasonable (I thought) at £200 inc VAT and 4 wheel laser alignment.

Reactions: davc, Jassyo06 and Chris5
A4Audi in Clydebank are excellent. They've done an engine rebuild on by RS4 and recently fitted a set of coilovers.

Reactions: davc and Chris5
Star Performance are a top company, used them a lot back in the days when I had my golfs. Had loads of tuning work done over a 10-12 year period and the quality was top notch every time.

Andy @ A4Audi did me a good turn when the steering rack on my 8P was goosed and would defintely recommend them as well. My neighbour gets his B8 serviced exclusively by them.

There is also Audi Technik Centre in Bishopbriggs and although I haven't used them personally, I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Reactions: Chris5
It's not a very big job for a decent mechanic to do is it? Just change springs over. The spacers seem to be very easy