S3 front headlight cracked

missviper

Reaction score
Washing my 59plate S3 today and realised my headlight is cracked. Think i need to replace it??

20191012 125414

Eventually water will start to get in and you will get condensation on the inside.
Certainly on a prefacelift car the bumper has to come off to get the headlight out. Look out on EBay for 2nd hand parts.

Let it dry out and put silicone on it :icon thumright: for the price of trying that and a replacement its worth it

Reactions: aqibi2000
A tube of clear Plumbers Gold will seal it even if wet. You can buy it at Toolstation

Reactions: paddy
Looks to me like a top impact rather than a push back so i think someone has shut the bonnet on something and squashed it

Reactions: missviper
Use topfix 2 pack resin, failing that if your OCD kicks in, replace but it's not straight swap as needs calibration too, if you need this done either route, ping me a WhatsApp.

Reactions: missviper
Looks to me like a top impact rather than a push back so i think someone has shut the bonnet on something and squashed it

Just can't understand when this happened. It came from no where. I'm the only one that had been under the bonnet, when it began. I know i've not trapped anything in.

Use topfix 2 pack resin, failing that if your OCD kicks in, replace but it's not straight swap as needs calibration too, if you need this done either route, ping me a WhatsApp.
Where do i find Top fix to buy please?

Gees, only asking. You google it and so many links pop up. With loads of different ones from different places. Google gives way to much choice lol...

Reactions: voorhees