1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 front fog light bulb replacement (honeycomb grille)

Ike May 12, 2019

1. Ike

Ike Original bad-man

how on earth do you remove the s3 honeycomb fog light grilles?

I've seen a pdf guide for s-line type and also some mentions of squeeze and release. with the honeycomb ones I can see what looks like a release (couple of cm wide and couple of mm high, just big enough for a flat-head screwdriver, except when pushed it does not seem to release at all, not even slightly when also trying to pull. usually these things a push release pull, get a couple of mm and maintain pull pressure while popping each of the other release catches, one at a time. I'm worried that the honeycomb will slice my fingertips off before I can get any movement!!

strange that there is no mention I can find here or the wider net for a s3 8p. expect there is something very simple I'm not aware of...?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

It's only held in by plastic tab's , if you can get your fingers in where the fog light is and pull , or if you have a plastic pry tool get it in the top or bottom and just pry it out

Ike likes this.
  4. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Yes should just pull of unless some **** has messed up the honeycomb grill mod. Use gloves to save yer fingers.

Ike likes this.