S3 front brake calipers and discs on A3 2.0TDi

You change your mind more than a mexican whore changes her knickers mate, lol, thats if she even wears them I guess, lol

As I would need a the full kit for the S3/R32 brake setup I may be getting some performance discs instead.

Been looking at http://www.performancebrakes.co.uk/

Front:
312 Diam
50 Height
25 New Thick-ness
23 Min Thick-ness

£162 a pair.

Waste of cash. You'd be better just buying some good pads and a set of Goodridge brake lines. On a car like this there's no real benefit going for "performance" discs.

The S3 setup works really well for a factory setup and would be a massive improvement over the 312mm discs you've got already, and if you buy the calipers for the right money is an inexpensive upgrade.

Couldnt agree more with what you just said.

Did you use the MK5 lines from Goodridge as 8P isnt listed & they replied saying none for that model, but obviously MK5 3.2 is same as 3.2 8P so must fit.

If so, do you have the part numbers to hand please.

Couldnt agree more with what you just said.

Did you use the MK5 lines from Goodridge as 8P isnt listed & they replied saying none for that model, but obviously MK5 3.2 is same as 3.2 8P so must fit.

If so, do you have the part numbers to hand please.

Yes they were the Mk5 4WD lines which were a perfect fit. Part no was SVW0615-4C for the kit with stainless fittings I went for.

Waste of cash. You'd be better just buying some good pads and a set of Goodridge brake lines. On a car like this there's no real benefit going for "performance" discs.

The S3 setup works really well for a factory setup and would be a massive improvement over the 312mm discs you've got already, and if you buy the calipers for the right money is an inexpensive upgrade.

The 312mm discs are the ones I wanted to get from that site as I need new discs (still using the same ones I got when new).

I'm thinking; combine the discs with the pads and brakelines you said = worth it?

Gents (Nige + Nath) your expertise on brakes is required again!
I have a 2006 a3 2.0tdi 3dr and need the entire brake setup replacing as im at 101,000 and have only replaced the pads since buying 3 years ago at 16,000 miles.
You have mentioned above that the R32 / S3 / 3.2 brake setups are 'almost' identical.
So for me to get that setup and get a garage to fit them labour only I would need to provide them with the following:
- Brake discs
- Pads
- Calipers
- Carriers
- Brake Lines

Where would you recommend I start looking and would I just ask if they have the parts for the R32 / S3 / 3.2 braking system?
Do I need the setup from the same year as my car (2006)?
Any other things I should take into consideration?

Thanks again chaps!

hi all, am looking at a set of s3 brakes set on ebay now and i was wondering if it will fit on my Mk 2 skoda octavia VRS.. and also would anyone know if i can upgrade my turbo to the s3 - would the pipes be the same?? many thanks

Finally fitted my S3 brakes
Before:
IMG_0546.jpg

During:
IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

After:
IMG_0556.jpg

P4170002.jpg

P4170003.jpg

And today after a clean pics all round as I haven’t put any up
P4170008.jpg

P4170001.jpg

P4170009.jpg

P4170010.jpg

Yep they do! I've got a complete hub set up, dropped it in and fitted

Last edited:
+1 for them fitting under 17's, the 3.2 has the same brakes and that came with 17's as standard from the factory

It depend on the rims you want to use. On some 17"s they might not work. I have a friend who recently made the conversion to S3 front brakes and they fit. I'm also going to do this upgrade.
The distance between the caliper and the rim is VERY small. If the rim has spokes that are inclined, they may hit the caliper.
These rims will fit:

cool cuz they're the wheels I have and I have 10mm spacers on the fron anyway :thumbsup:

Ive a full set of 8P facelift S3 brakes for sale if anyone is looking for a set, come complete with calipers, pads, discs and brake lines. PM me if interested.

just resurrecting this thread is there a company i can use that will do this work, or better to source your own parts