S3 Forge short shift 1st gear issue

TDI140

Reaction score
hi all been a while im always reading posts barely write now but i have an issue with s3 to get it into first i have to push gear lever all the way to left then firward into first to select first before it was just left enough and then forward like smooth, all rest of gears are fine,

I think maybe the gear linkage is catching on the short shift mechanism in the engine bay ?? Anyone ahd this issue cant find anything online anywhere not fitted side shifter hust the forwards shifter

Thanks guys :)

IMG 3548

fd7e075605112d9880b4de3303b19ba4.jpg

I have had the same problem putting it in first it’s not a smooth as it use to be I’m not rough in the gear changing either all other gears slip in lovely when I get time I will check the linkage that be first step nice car btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fd7e075605112d9880b4de3303b19ba4.jpg

I have had the same problem putting it in first it’s not a smooth as it use to be I’m not rough in the gear changing either all other gears slip in lovely when I get time I will check the linkage that be first step nice car btw

Thanks pal, when you push your gear stick to the left a bit harder it selects first all the time but if you do it gentle it doesnt go into first its so weird

Reactions: Flosman
Thanks pal, when you push your gear stick to the left a bit harder it selects first all the time but if you do it gentle it doesnt go into first its so weird

Yh man same thing