S3 floor mats

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Morning all.

Having owned my car some three weeks now I'm starting to put a bit of life back into it. I'm yet to repalce the glovebox (has a nasty scuff on it, the vinyl is coming off..) see about some cosmetic repairs to the recaro's (tiny rip on drivers seat! :() and put some quality mats down.

But anyway, Glovebox I'll source of ebay from a breaker if possible.. My question to YOU is, where did yo buy your S3 mats?! Obviously fitted mats are prefered, any with S3 logo's on?

It's a missing part of the car and it feels so naked without them!

I went to the dealer, no logo, but mats fit the carpet perfectly..£40 slate grey

For OE ones - dealer
For OE ones with an embossed S3 logo on - ebay.de (if you are lucky)
For Generic ones with or without S3 logo on - ebay.co.uk or any of the ones if you search google.

The prob with the generic ones is the fitting of the plastic tabs some do some don't; just check before you purchase.

IIRC there is a couple of guys on here that have managed to source the OE ones with logo from ebay.de and they do look smart.

Thanks Jester (you're from DetailingWorld, right?)

Just found these; http://cgi.ebay.de/AUDI-A3-S3-Logo-...ryZ72955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

S3 logo being a bit big me thinks.

I think the S3 badge is a bit too in your face, you want something a bit smaller, i have mats in mine with a small S3 badge in the corner in stainless steel ( matches the kick plate ) couldn't say where thy are from though, they were in the car when i got it. I'll get a pic up later if your interested!

Congrats on the car anyway Jimmeh! love the colour, looks great since you gave it the once over!! :icon_thumright:

Congrats on the car anyway Jimmeh! love the colour, looks great since you gave it the once over!! :icon_thumright:

If you could get some pictures uploaded that'd be great, yes please!

Thanks, I'm pretty chuffed with it so far. It's getting there, I just need a few more weekends to perfect it and get it up to scratch.

I'll keep y'all updated with progress / images.

Ah now these are better just shame they don't have the 3 in there too!!!

Holy Cow!! Yes, they're okay, but hell... €69 for the item itself and then €25 for postage! Totals some £70!! For some floor mats, I'd rather not.

Why did it not occur to me that buying from a German shop, might have it's 'difficulties'. First of all, the obvious one was Postage prices.. €25, fair enough, but that takes the total cost close to £80!!

Secondly, with it being a German shop, with German cars and German people, that means their cars are Left Hand Drive, not right. THUS, meaning the mat's are cut differently.

D'oh!!! Had to get a refund. Such a moron. Looks like I'll be making a trip to my local Audi dealer.

Here's mine, excuse the dirt!

cimg3115gv5.jpg

cimg3113yg6.jpg

these look like standard ones with the S3 plate put on afterwards. could be a good option if you get an engraver to do the plate then rivit them on. could even be a nice little money spinner if its done right.

I had mine made by a german company, spot on & the plastic clips actually come apart & you easily make new holes in the new carpets & clip them back together, they are replaceable parts from audi anyway the clips that is, easily done:

DSC00665%20[800x600].JPG

Nice. I like these^

Has anyone got info for the custom made style mats? Like these seen above?! How much did they cost you if you don't mind me asking..?!

£100 delivered & that user on ebay.de isnt there anymore but I have an email address for you if you want to try emailing direct.

these fancy ones seem too nice to put my shoes on,feel like I should put some slippers on before driving the car:eyebrows:

Have to say they were very hard wearing didnt have any issues with them at all with shoes etc, very impressed, shame she isnt on ebay.de anymore as they were ****** well made, urm I might have to hunt her down as I sense a business idea.

Who on here would pay for customed carpets???

the last mats look ok but would look better if the S3 was smaller and nearer to the lhs peg so basically in the lh corner.

I'm yet to repalce the glovebox (has a nasty scuff on it, the vinyl is coming off..)

Do you need one bud? I have an S3 glovebox in mint condition sitting in my bedroom! Comes with the 'quattro' lid, interior light, wiring, and airbag switch

PM me if your interested pal

Jimmeh dont take it personally, but whose gonna pay for the time to do the customising properly, its not easy, I dont get people, they pay thousands for remaps exhausts etc etc but wont pay for nice finishing touches, dont know about you but I would have paid £200 for my carpets given the others on the market at £100 nearly that were absolutely ***** & audi's ones were just as bad, amazes me really does, lol.

I totally understand what you're saying, and yeah.. it's a finishing touch which doesn't really want to be replaced with some cheapo poor quality mats.. I'd love for the mats you have in yours tbh, but right now, money's a bit tight. It just seems a bit crazy spending £100 on floor mats.

I guess I need to stop being tight and just wait for payday! :)

lol, I'll give you that brought smile to my face that post, lol, I like it, not many people respond like that, appreciated.

there is a thread somewhere on here and as far as I can remember there is a issue with the copyright on the S3 logo and you have to get written permission off audi to use it so custom mat manufactures stear away from the logo.

there was a big Group buy planned 1-2 years ago but never materialised

there was a big Group buy planned 1-2 years ago but never materialised

Who's going to be the one to sort a Group-Buy for some more this year then! :)?

Let's try get some names down of those interested.. As I said, (COME PAYPDAY!) I'd certainly be interested.

JIM

fussy ****** arn`t I ..............

Yes, however, you're right. If someone has contacts/outside info on group buys for such mats, do get in touch.

If any others are sporting an S3 logo on their mats, do share! Get some images uploaded!

Thanks

I think the group buy was gonna be with http://www.justmatz.co.uk/ as i remember that i'd just bought mine from them and they are very good quality,
as said Audi are very funny on their copyright of the logo and it took me a couple of weeks to finally get a "go ahead" from Audi UK but i just explained how they dont offer
this kind of mat so it's not copying or ripping of there products and in the end i think they were just sick of the sound of my voice. but best thing to do is speak to Jeremy
at justmatz and see if he's had any progress in the last couple of years cos it may be easier now

Heres a photo i've got of 1 which i'm happy with except i'd rather black ones as there a bit much once in the car but fit is spot on

and pic's a big big me thinks!!

cardamageafterbodyshopMat.jpg

i'll have a set if theres a group buy..... :icon_thumright:

I think the group buy was gonna be with http://www.justmatz.co.uk/ as i remember that i'd just bought mine from them and they are very good quality,
as said Audi are very funny on their copyright of the logo and it took me a couple of weeks to finally get a "go ahead" from Audi UK but i just explained how they dont offer
this kind of mat so it's not copying or ripping of there products and in the end i think they were just sick of the sound of my voice. but best thing to do is speak to Jeremy
at justmatz and see if he's had any progress in the last couple of years cos it may be easier now

Heres a photo i've got of 1 which i'm happy with except i'd rather black ones as there a bit much once in the car but fit is spot on

and pic's a big big me thinks!!

cardamageafterbodyshopMat.jpg

These look like a felt stuck onto the mat themselves, can you confirm cause I would say it would wear of easily over time, it looks the same as eg Nike, Reebok used to use on tracksuits etc years back for there logo's/designs & that always used to peel of eventually & with shoes rubbing over it constantly I would think it would come of very quickly no??

The ones I got were actually embroided into the carpet so would never come of, shame I cant find the original seller now.

These look like a felt stuck onto the mat themselves, can you confirm cause I would say it would wear of easily over time, it looks the same as eg Nike, Reebok used to use on tracksuits etc years back for there logo's/designs & that always used to peel of eventually & with shoes rubbing over it constantly I would think it would come of very quickly no??

The ones I got were actually embroided into the carpet so would never come of, shame I cant find the original seller now.

Yeah your right they are stuck on and i would agree that if they were embroided then would be alot better but i've had them about 4 years now and are fine so the quality is spot on

**** thats some superglue, lol, seriously impressed TBH as they did look a little suspect but hey 4 years & still good cant complain huh

Just for reference superglue is my best tool in the world, amazing stuff, lol.

The pics of Budgy Smugglers aluminium s3 detailed plates look not bad. Anyone wishing to copy this could buy these necklaces off ebay and rivet them on to the mats for detailing!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Key-ring-Keyring-fob-Audi-S3-S-3-S-3-Quattro-Necklace_W0QQitemZ260255770020QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260255770020&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I bought some S3 logo mats off ebay last year, that had a fair sized felt S3 logo printed on the driver & passenger mats. The mats look great but the quality is starting to show now. As the carpet is getting thinner and thinner on the drivers side, the other gripe would have to be that the rear mats don't come with the OEM clips fitted. But in whole i'm happy with them as there a nice improvement to the dull OEM mats. I love Nigels and this is originally what i was after was a nice embroidered logo. My mats cost half the price though!! Id put pics in but have the slowest connection for photos and it usually doesnt work apart from over hotmail. Anyone wanting a pic can P.M me and i'll send a pic to there email address. The person is no longer on Ebay but i have contact details from the invoice still

Morning all.

Having owned my car some three weeks now I'm starting to put a bit of life back into it. I'm yet to repalce the glovebox (has a nasty scuff on it, the vinyl is coming off..) see about some cosmetic repairs to the recaro's (tiny rip on drivers seat! :() and put some quality mats down.

But anyway, Glovebox I'll source of ebay from a breaker if possible.. My question to YOU is, where did yo buy your S3 mats?! Obviously fitted mats are prefered, any with S3 logo's on?

It's a missing part of the car and it feels so naked without them!

Hey Jimmeeh i bought my car mats a year ago from an online store :D maybe you can try browsing YourCarParts Audi Car Mats. They provide car mats for S3 and other car unit :D Maybe they can help you ::happy:

Between 2008 (the date of this thread!) and now, I reckon the ship's sailed, mate! :icon_thumright:

Oh, and Jimmeh was last active in March 2012...

Ive been searching for mats too, if we could get a few people interested I'm sure a company would do us a group buy with S3 logos embroided on to the correct fitted mats...

Id 100% be interested...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360180701227594

I have these.

Much better in situ.

From hamburg in Germany using genuine mat template.

Have posted this elsewhere previously or search for my progress thread.

I've emailed Justmatz asking if they can make the same ones as Jimgrim's. I'll let you know what they say...