1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 FL iPhone 7 connection via USB...

sportyb Oct 24, 2016

1. sportyb

sportyb Registered User

After a 3 month wait I picked up my new S3 on Sunday and delighted with the new car (having had the last S3 the new one is similar but some nice new changes - the Virtual cockpit being the most amazing !).

Anyway, I've been trying to connect my iPhone to the AMI but simply plugging in the standard lightning cable to the USB in the Phone Box under the armrest. If I enable CarPlay then this is fine and I can play music, use the phone etc all through the CarPlay interface. However, I want to disable CarPlay and use the standard Audi interface, but have my iPhone charging at the same time sitting in the Phone Box (to get better reception). However, if I plug in the iPhone, and go to Media and USB1 then I can see the playlists and tracks, but the music is played out of the iPhone speakers - not the car speakers !! The only way I can get it to work is by playing the music through Bluetooth rather than the direct cable connection - but BT is not as good quality.

Am I missing something ? Surely connecting the USB to lightning cable into my iPhone would allow the MMI/AMI to access my iTunes library as if it was an iPod ?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Gordo77

Gordo77 Registered User

Hmmmm... I think as you said, the only ways to play music are either through CarPlay and the cable, or Bluetooth. I don't think there's any other way to interface the phone with the car.

Tags: