1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 Finally got detailed!

slayaz May 10, 2016

1. slayaz

slayaz Registered User

So I have finally got round to getting my S3 detailed. I am incredibly happy with the results. It was done by a lovely guy called Lee from http://www.outstandingcardetailing.co.uk based in Kent. The paint looks better than when it was new!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. steeve

steeve Registered User

Looks stunning, was it expensive?

slayaz likes this.
  4. slayaz

slayaz Registered User

And before anyone points it out, the tips hadn't been cleaned!!

It's not cheap, but he spent a whole day (8am - 4.00pm) doing it he also sealed all the glass and used CQuartz. Total was £175.

Simon L and pburv like this.
  5. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Car looks mint very nice indeed !!

Quite unusual to see a black packed Sepang saloon ;o)

fanta, Simon L, jassyo06 and 2 others like this.
  6. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

£175 bangers is extremely low priced, did he correct the paintwork

Simon L and Rob2k68 like this.
  7. slayaz

slayaz Registered User

He did it at mates rates, and he's not been going long and is looking for portfolio pieces. In regards to the pain, yes he corrected it, but it wasn't that bad. My local hand car wash actually use the two bucket technique WITH grit guards so it was in very good condition.

I've actually just got the invoice and it was £200, i think he quoted me £175 when the car was brand spanking new.

Well worth the money IMHO.

8. Cairnsy13

Cairnsy13 Registered User

Consider your self lucky mate, I spent £450 for a guy to have my car 4 days, said he would do the same as yours and seal everything in ceramics as well as all interior fabrics and leather. He ended up rushing the job and left me with loads of problems to deal with, the windscreen hadnt been sealed, there's excess ceramic that hasnt been buffed off and is now solid around all windows, on the headlights and the roof, the stuff he's put on is just pants as well, it's called igreenlover and yes it's glossy but it's a nightmare to clean with. Dirt just sticks to the paint and tar doesn't come off any easier, that was the main reason I wanted the ceramic done in the first place. Here's a few pictures of what I got it back like... 20160508_210623.jpg 20160508_210451.jpg 20160508_210354.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  9. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

I hope you didn't pay him what was quoted?

Simon L likes this.
  10. Cairnsy13

Cairnsy13 Registered User

Paid most upfront then when I collected the car I paid the remaining balance cause I hadn't had time to look over the car properly, to be fair I only noticed most of the problems last week and it's been on the car a month now. I'm in a dispute with him at the moment and I'll be going to trading standards if nothing gets sorted

11. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

The ceramic coating can be removed by using lpa and a soft microfiber cloth,gtechniq panel wipe

glospete, pburv and Rob2k68 like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. slayaz

slayaz Registered User

I hope you get it sorted!

14. Liquidfusion-S3

Liquidfusion-S3 I fall to peer pressure!

Looks great, I'm interested as he seems to cover my area aswell. I saw your pictures on his facebook, looks professional, curious though how comes he didn't clean the tailpipes? How much extra would of it cost?
    Will be looking to use his in the near future.

15. slayaz

slayaz Registered User

The main reason was he held his hands up and said he didn't have the right stuff and didn't want to use wire wool in case of scratching. Time was also running out as I'm round in Surrey and the M25 was getting snarly. I actually said not to worry too much.

A great job. Although now some dirty bird has sh*t all over it!!

Liquidfusion-S3 likes this.