S3 fan randomley coming on and training battery???

AndyWin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Woke up this morning and my battery was dead. After charging and letting it run i turned it off and around 45 min later the radiator fan came on. When i turn the ignition on it stoped immediately. Only after the car has stopped running around 45 min to an hour it comes back on, obviously this drains my battery.
Done my research and its looking it the relay for my radiator fan.
Ive been told to shake the relay (grey box) and put back in and if that doesn't work obviously replace it.
Only issue is i am in the ECU box and there are 2 relays that are grey and of same size?!
Does anyone know which is the right relay to take out??
Or even if this actually the problem??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See i have looked at this not anywhere does ot show a relay for your raditor fan.
Im just baffled to be honest.

No problem.
No lights or any fault codes or anything.
Proper head scratcher this one.

Hi all,

Woke up this morning and my battery was dead. After charging and letting it run i turned it off and around 45 min later the radiator fan came on. When i turn the ignition on it stoped immediately. Only after the car has stopped running around 45 min to an hour it comes back on, obviously this drains my battery.
Done my research and its looking it the relay for my radiator fan.
Ive been told to shake the relay (grey box) and put back in and if that doesn't work obviously replace it.
Only issue is i am in the ECU box and there are 2 relays that are grey and of same size?!
Does anyone know which is the right relay to take out??
Or even if this actually the problem??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had my fans running well after the car was off and found the fan control unit behind the front bumper of my S4 was the problem

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

I had my fans running well after the car was off and found the fan control unit behind the front bumper of my S4 was the problem

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

It has suddenly stopped doing it.
I messed about with the ECU relay box next to battery and it never happened since.
However the cover was loose and quite a bit of dust on the board. Could this be an issue?

Also, had another fault with lights at dinner time today. Guess its a separate topic i need start.
God this is annoying.

It has suddenly stopped doing it.
I messed about with the ECU relay box next to battery and it never happened since.
However the cover was loose and quite a bit of dust on the board. Could this be an issue?

Also, had another fault with lights at dinner time today. Guess its a separate topic i need start.
God this is annoying.
The fans done the same on my wife's 2009 Golf TDi about a year ago, just a couple of times, hasn't done it since, that's the scud on it now for sure

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk