S3 exhausts

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
For those that have done the full exhaust on the system, what make/how many boxes etc did you put on? Was thinking of changing the exhaust on the S3 and doing downpipe at the same time. Is there a problem with droning with the car or what do you suggest to do if you get that? Also, is the car much much louder than stock for normal freeway driving? I dont mind if its loud when you gas it, I just don't want it to sound like a 1300 Vauxhall Corsa with 3" exhaust.

If you are based in Jhb, the DP manufactured by Riaan at SNAIL works a charm! Fit that and keep the rest of your system factory stock.

Thanks Rabbit. I'm in Pietermaritzburg but will call them and see if they can ship down or something.

How is your Milltek, how many boxes etc did it come with? Did it change the note quite a lot? I find that the car seems to have a very mono-ish tone to it, does it improve or does it just get very loud? Look I dont expect it to sound like GTR I just need it to sound a little more sporty.

Miltek here...thats the downpipe,cat and back section.

Pretty much as quiet as the stock version when cruising but howls when you hoof it.

what does snail charge for the downpipe? im interested
i've been lookin at the miltek but is it really worth 12k?

what does snail charge for the downpipe? im interested
i've been lookin at the miltek but is it really worth 12k?

£1200...it's less now at AMD,coming in under £1000.......I think in overall terms its reasonable for a very well made and unrestrictive system,allowing you to go to much higher power levels if you want to,without having to change again.

The downpipe and cat are £530.

Do you recommend changing the whole exhaust or just fitting the DP?

Having seen the gains on Wusmans S3 by just fitting a DP, I would say fit the DP only. Before he fitted the DP he made 202kw and about 400nm ATW after fitting the DP he made 207kw and 422nm...a gain of 5kw and 22nm which in all honesty is the type of gain you will realise by fitting a complete system. The DP holds the key to power on the S3...my car with zorst makes 200kw ATW and 390nm which is 7kw and 30nm less than Wusys car. I reckon thats got to do with something restrictive on my Milltek system.

sorry to bump this thread but...
im looking to get a DP fitted, but so far noone can do it in cape town for under ZAR 5k
do u think i should get one sent down from snail conversions?

im looking to get a DP fitted, but so far noone can do it in cape town for under ZAR 5k

Makes perfect sense to do that Yahyar. As far as I know they have a jig for it now so making one for your car shouldn't be an issue.

sweet. i'll hear from them
and im waiting on your springs rabbit

Rabbit222 - also got wind of the coilies :)
Why u changing? How different will the set up be ?

Sorry to hijack the post.

FRC now has a production version of the S3 downpipe.

thanks ved. do you have any idea of their price?
does fitting the dp throw up any errors on vagcom? ie will it be detected immediately by dealers?

yahyar - sorry I do not know the price. I'll ask Preggie.

It should not throw any errors.
I presume the dealer could hear that the car sounds different. You will not be able to see it straight away.

thanks ved. do you have any idea of their price?
does fitting the dp throw up any errors on vagcom? ie will it be detected immediately by dealers?

Hi,
I spoke to Preggie @ FRC last night.
The downpipe is ZAR 3000.

Cheers.

thanks for that ved
now i have to decide frc vs snail.... lol. theres always so many questions to ask. but i guess thats the purpose of this forum

im gona go downpipe after the car hits the 15k service

A mate of mine slapped the Snail DP on his Mk5 GTI yesterday Power went from 139kw ATW to 151kw ATW. Something special about the Snail DP me thinks...