S3 Exhaust Upgrade

I

imported_20VT

Any experiences on aftermarket exhaust systems for the S3 ?

Not a S3, but i've got a supersprint cat back system which sounds subtle on idle, and roars on full boost!

Much better range of tailpipe also.

I have a Milltek on my S3 and it is excellent in the look and sound department. I'm not yet convinced that it has given me any extra power thought.

Dan

What sort of pipe sizes ? Number of silencers and what kind of noise increases are we talking about about stock ?

Supersprint Group A. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

One silencer, no cat. Very much noise, very much fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
Nice sound above 3000 rpm to 6500 rpm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Noisy around 3000 rpms...

Svein,

is your GRP-A a Turbo back? Does you car show fault codes now you have no cat??

Alright 20VT, me personnaly, I like to be able to hear that I spent around £500 quid as well as see it hangin out the back! Think Milteks are too quite, also heard they sit squinty (rear box hangs down more on one side). Personnaly I'd go for the new APR 3" back, then remap the car after fitting as current remaps don't tend to like the extra flow offer by the new down pipe.

As Dan said, S3's don't tend to get anything out of just a CAT back replacement.

Hope this helps. Happy shopping!

I want to do a turbo back system as just the CAT back not going to make much improvement.

Where can I find more info on the APR 3"