S3 Exhaust Tips - Wicked Coatings

Adam14

Reaction score
Apologies for yet another forum post about S3 exhaust tips, but thought this was slightly different :p Just wondering if anyone had used a company called "Wicked Coatings" down in Poole before? Had a decent quote from them to powder coat my exhaust tips, but is a 7 - 10 working day turn around which seems quite long, but don't mind if they're good! Only place near me in Cambridge has quoted £250...yh no thanks.

Just wondering why you consider 7-10 days too long for an engineering company to do a job. Sounds reasonable to me. I doubt they are sitting around waiting to coat your exhaust tips.

I didn't mean too long, just said it seemed it. I wouldn't have thought it was a big job to powder coat exhaust tips, but I'm not an expert so wouldn't know haha!
Just asking for potential advice was all :)
Just wondering why you consider 7-10 days too long for an engineering company to do a job. Sounds reasonable to me. I doubt they are sitting around waiting to coat your exhaust tips.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Picked mine up today, 40 quid and 3 days as they were waiting to do a gloss black run. Just Google powder coaters in your local area and ring a few.

Picked mine up today, 40 quid and 3 days as they were waiting to do a gloss black run. Just Google powder coaters in your local area and ring a few.
Tried , couldn't find many. Will have another crack, good to know there are deals to be had . Your tips look good?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7-10 days isn't bad. You could take them off and send them in the post. It's no problem to run the car without the tips for a week or so (many people take them off permanently). Of course this relies on you being able to get the tips off -I can't remove mine!

Reactions: S3-StevePn
Tried , couldn't find many. Will have another crack, good to know there are deals to be had . Your tips look good?

There's a few near you, within 30 mins anyway. There's 2 places here in Luton if you fancy a bit of a longer drive. Here's mine ..

Attachments

• DSC_0487.JPG
    DSC_0487.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
Reactions: Adam14 and S3-StevePn
Apologies for yet another forum post about S3 exhaust tips, but thought this was slightly different :p Just wondering if anyone had used a company called "Wicked Coatings" down in Poole before? Had a decent quote from them to powder coat my exhaust tips, but is a 7 - 10 working day turn around which seems quite long, but don't mind if they're good! Only place near me in Cambridge has quoted £250...yh no thanks.

Had mine done in Salisbury for £12
a24dafa43e0d11d8e68c32567add5450.jpg
608d1f128e47777152e0e88cb6b83207.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamesey78 and Adam14
7-10 days isn't bad. You could take them off and send them in the post. It's no problem to run the car without the tips for a week or so (many people take them off permanently). Of course this relies on you being able to get the tips off -I can't remove mine!

Get under the car and gently tap with a hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to find an industrial place nearby that'll do them for £60. Now to get them off and from reading this post, could be easy or hard.

Try alloy wheel refurb places if you are having trouble finding powder coaters.

They probably didn't want the work then. My local wheel referb place charged me £40.

Is there a reason why people aren’t spraying these, is the temperature hot enough to cause a problem? Being right at the end and being a slip over I would of thought it would be ok.