S3 Exhaust System

maxS3uk

mike
Reaction score
What exhaust systems are available for the S3 at the moment?

I know there is the Milltek system, but I'm not a fan of the tailpipes, can they put on a pipe design of your choice? Plus i've heard of of quality issues with Milltek products.

So what other options is there on the market?

Could i just fit a sport cat to the standard system?

Thanks

PS... what exhaust systems do you have?

What exhaust systems are available for the S3 at the moment?

I know there is the Milltek system, but I'm not a fan of the tailpipes, can they put on a pipe design of your choice? Plus i've heard of of quality issues with Milltek products.

So what other options is there on the market?

Could i just fit a sport cat to the standard system?

Thanks

PS... what exhaust systems do you have?

Milltek, SuperSprint, Oettinger, B&B, MTM and lot more.

Milltek have 2 different tailpipe.

do a research. there are alot around.

Car_With_Twin_Jet_Engines_On_eBay_7.JPG

Avoid these ones though

The RS4 Duplex system does look and sound wicked on the S3, htere is another video on you tube of one going down the road. Really nice sound.

I personally wouldn't wanna cut the back of my Car up though to fit it. May effect re-sale value. You shoudl always do mods which you can return to standard if need be!

Just a question, anyone have a full tbe exhaust first before they chip?

my car is totally stock at the moment, and plan to chip/remap in a few months time (arrangement with a friend who is a dealer). However, I might be able to get a tbe set for a steal before that, just wondering if the stock car can take a tbe without much fuss?

I have had the full turbo back (Milltek downpipe & Custom cat-back) when the car was running the standard map and the exhaust certainly makes a difference, much quicker to spool up and feels lots more willing to rev at the top end..

I actually have my cat-back exhaust for sale as im changing it for a 3 inch version in preparation for some more bits.. :)

Jonny

Who made your custom exhaust Jonny?

What was the quality like on the Milltek downpipe?

Who made your custom exhaust Jonny?

What was the quality like on the Milltek downpipe?

Exhausts UK made the exhaust for me, all tig welded T304 stainless..

Quality of the Milltek downpipe is good, power gains are good also.. Got all my stuff from Regal Autosport, Milltek direct will have your eyes out!

Exhausts UK made the exhaust for me, all tig welded T304 stainless..

Quality of the Milltek downpipe is good, power gains are good also.. Got all my stuff from Regal Autosport, Milltek direct will have your eyes out!

I think I may go for a custom made exhaust, along with the Milltek downpipe... I'm just waiting for the EvoMs intake to come into stock at Regal Autosport, going to order from them as they did my Hammer map and have been very helpful so far, I will probably order the Milltek from them too :)

Are your plans secret with regards to the exhaust? :tapedshut:

You can try Supersprint. Better quality than Milltek but more expensive. http://www.supersprint.com/

Also buy the complete turbo-back system (with large bore downpipe and metal catalyst). Ony the cat-back won't help you much.

I think I may go for a custom made exhaust, along with the Milltek downpipe... I'm just waiting for the EvoMs intake to come into stock at Regal Autosport, going to order from them as they did my Hammer map and have been very helpful so far, I will probably order the Milltek from them too :)

Are your plans secret with regards to the exhaust? :tapedshut:

Sounds good, you will be running the same chip/exhaust/intake set up that I have on my car, it works very well!!

Im going to have a 3 inch cat-back exhaust made for my car, nothing fancy, same tail pipes that I have currently.. Just need a 3 inch exhaust for the increased flow of the big turbo..

2.5 inch works perfectly with the k04 which is why I opted for that pipe diameter when I had the exhaust made..

Jonny