S3 engine mounts

R222cet

Reaction score
Looking into doing my engine mounts soon, Does anyone use the powerflex inserts anymore or is it better to go down the revo/vibra-technics route instead.
Hoping to get into trackdays early this year so maybe used on track 2-3 times a year

How Is the nvh with them fitted compared to standard ? Do you have the normal yellow and purple ones fitted or the black series ones ? And also did you change the rubber oem mounts at the same time or did just put the inserts straight in ?
cheers

I’m on the yellow and purple inserts and I didn’t change the OEM mounts. If I was to change them all I’d have gone Vibra instead. With respect to NVH, it’s hard to say - I don’t notice a great deal but I’ve done other bushes too so may be use to it.

Not much more nvh if any with inserts.
Less engine movement better power transfer and sharper gear changes with stock comfort.
For the money i think there isn't better solution.
Black series might bring it closer to aftermarket mounts.

Thanks S that’s exactly what I was after I’ll probably go for the black series as there isnt much difference in price. My goal is a quick road going car that can handle the odd track day so these might be what I’m looking for