S3 Emissions

s3bow

Reaction score
What's the emissions of my S3 ? I've seen them listed anywhere between 226 and 253 g/km.

Anyone know ?

Chris.

I don't know the answer, but if this in relation to the budget, this may be useful for people:
Sorry to hijack!

• a new higher band of graduated VED (band G), set at £210 for petrol cars, will be introduced for the most polluting new cars (those above 225g of carbon
dioxide emissions per kilometre);
• the VED rate for the small number of cars with the very lowest carbon
emissions (band A) will be reduced to £0 to encourage take-up and assist the development of the low carbon car market;
• VED rates will also be reduced for band B by £35 and C by £5, frozen for bands D and E, and increased by £25 for band F;
• rates for pre-2001 registered cars and light goods vehicles in the lower band will be frozen with the higher band increased by £5;

Just checked parkers, they say 223 for the 210 and 226 for the 225

[ QUOTE ]
Just checked parkers, they say 223 for the 210 and 226 for the 225

[/ QUOTE ]

Permission to say "oh ****" on Audi-Sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've got a pre 2001 so I'm not that fussed, I expected more than £5 increase to be honest! Might be a pain for my future car plans though... oh hang on we're only talking about £40 so it won't make F/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif all difference to anything other than browns cash pot - T/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifER!

I've got a 210, but my road tax is £165. So I would expect to be paying £210.

******, guess when my tax is due, end of April. Shafted yet again.

Well, government can put these things up all they want, it won't stop people like us having fast cars!! Nor will stop members of the government also having fast, big engined cars. They are hypocrites the lot of them.

Lets see every member of the government, and/or labour party running round in an Insight or Prius.

AL

I thought it was £210 (Category G) for cars registered after 23rd March '06.

Anything before that (Category F) has to pay £190?

I could be wrong though? either way as already mentioned, its not going to stop me owning a fast car!

so if the 210 s3 is 223 g/km then its £190 quid a year?

but if its chipped, what happens then?

I thought the VED applies to cars registered after March 2001?

If you have a look at page 211 on the PDF found on the link below, it suggests that cars registered afer 23rd March 06 will fall into category G (£210) if their emissons are 226 and above.

However cars registered before 23rd March 06 with fall into category F even if their emissions are still 226 and above.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/bud06_completereport_2320.pdf

Am I reading this right??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not sure about cars that have been chipped though???

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a look at page 211 on the PDF found on the link below, it suggests that cars registered afer 23rd March 06 will fall into category G (£210) if their emissons are 226 and above.

However cars registered before 23rd March 06 with fall into category F even if their emissions are still 226 and above.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/bud06_completereport_2320.pdf

Am I reading this right??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not sure about cars that have been chipped though???

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the S3 will fall into category F.

Remap wont make any difference because the tax is calculated from manufactures figures. Also the DVLA will not know wether your car is chipped or not as their is no requirement to tell them.