S3 Drivers Door needed...

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Afternoon all.

It's happened.... Someone decided they wanted to plough into the side of me in the snow... Happy days.

I now find myself needing a driver's door... Anyone have one/know of one? Pref Imola Yellow, but any colour will do.

Sorry mods, I know this is a bit cheeky...

Here is the damage they did.... lol.

s3-snow-damage.jpg

Sorry to hear that mate!

Yeah, it a bummer. But not a great deal can be done.

On the plus side, I needed to take my door card off to sort my windows out - I won't have to now.... :)

Amazingly, the sill, the wing and the quarter are all absolutely fine. It is just the door.

I bought one via TPS it wasnt that bad a price,
Why arent you getting a new one from their insurance?

I bought one via TPS it wasnt that bad a price,
Why arent you getting a new one from their insurance?

It's someone I know (they live down my road), and I agreed to settle outside of insurance as long as they pay. I'm not that fussed on having a new one as I know they are in a difficult situation at the moment - long story - so I said a mint second hand one will be fine.

is it not going through the insurance ? surely the 3rd party is at fault - snow or no snow with that sort of injury ?
get a new one ?

There are a couple of doors on the 'bay .
seems to be around £100 to £150
maybe sell the extra bits and bobs you dont need to help with the paint work?

Also try a company called Motors In Motion
they are always breaking S3's
Unfortunatly they are based in worksop yorkshire

Maybe if you washed it they would have seen it????

Oh No! That car is cursed!!! Hope it's back to screamin yellow perfection soon...

Cheers,

Jeez man... I assume that happened after you left the unit earlier? thats bad shizzle... I thought I was having a bad day after getting a random txt from Herb (sup, word etc homey;)) lol!

Look at it this mate... at least you will finally get to fix the drivers window ;P

Peacock!

<tuffty/>

They must have missed your rear quarter by mm, hopefully no-one was hurt and you can get it all fixed good as new asap!

***** buddy :( wondered what Paul was talking about on Facebook!

There is a seller selling an Imola rear bumper at the moment, might be worth a PM? I'll find the link chap.

******, it's ended!

Last edited:
I think we all agree that this can stay here as you have had some really sh!tty luck recently..

Good luck

If I didn't have bad luck then I would have no luck at all dude....

I'm hoping that Karma rewards me with a nice big lottery win... lol.

I hope you get it sorted soon. ebay is the best bet, I once bought a door minus the window for £50

I hope you get it sorted soon. ebay is the best bet, I once bought a door minus the window for £50

Yeah, will most likely go the ebay route to be fair...

I was hoping to find an Imola Yellow one to save having to have it painted, but that's proving to be hard.

Mate! saw this at Bills. Hope you get it sorted!

OK, so good news.

I have purchased a door from a guy over in Essex (A member on here although I don't know his username - Thanks Shaun) which is Imola Yellow...

:thumbsup:

My mate's courier company should be collecting ASAP.

My mate's courier company should be collecting ASAP.

OK, change of plan. Having bought the door, and this guy agreeing to collect - the Charlie Uniform November Tango lets me down.

Thanks then.

Now have to drive 300+ miles myself to go and get it. Not sure the door will fit in the back of the S3 either to be fair.

****, **** arsey **** bum.

If you have to I reckon removing the window regulator (which includes the door frame iirc) would get it in the back.

OK, so the door is home with me.

Excellent condition, one minuscule mark on the door, other than that, mint. Will get some photos later on, as off out to start work for a bit tonight.

Will be fitting during the day tomorrow.... not sure how hard it will be, but there is only one way to find out I guess... lol.

The hardest bit is changing the lock over, (that's if you want to :) ) the rest is very easy.

Oh, and for info, yes, an S3 door does fit in the back of an S3 with the seats down.... just....

its the colour dude...

he didn't like the colour so thought he would drive into the side of it!

Welly, I haven't done this yet but I read here and there on it, the connections should be just plug and play. the window frame including the mirror is held onto the door by four bolts, but I gave up when it came to the door lock, as it was a bit too much for me. sorry couldn't be specific. I used Elisa win to look up the setup.