S3 Drivers door arm rest

A3_Rider

Anyone with an S3 help?

Gently lean your elbow on your arm rest attached to the drivers door. Does it move/do you feel/hear a movement?

Doesn't happen on the passenger side.

veeeight

I am a very pretty girl
VCDS Map User
No and No.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Nopeit don't but l tend to lean my elbow on the top of the door card bur only when l can't be ***** driving

A3_Rider

Thought that might be the case...the window is squeaking so loud when it goes up and down now (just drivers side).

Now I have to kick up a fuss or it will be ignored come service time *sighs*!

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Thought that might be the case...the window is squeaking so loud when it goes up and down now (just drivers side).

Now I have to kick up a fuss or it will be ignored come service time *sighs*!
Hi mate, l have issues with my drivers door as well, it sporadically rattles like nothing else,then disappears for a while cant be ***** taking the car into Audi just for this,so it will wait til its first service.

Blackwhite

I can honestly say that I have not had any rattles or squeaks with my car
since I bought it. Probably the only new car I bought that did not
have one. :redface new:

Last edited:

mfl

I can honestly say that I have not had any rattles or squeaks with my car
since I bought it. Probably the only new car I bought that did not
have one. :redface new:

wish i could say the same, ****** dash panel under the drivers side of the dash panel took, 3 trips to the dealer to fix and was offered a loan car once - with a $5,000 dollar excess - I took the train !

froggy

Hi mate, l have issues with my drivers door as well, it sporadically rattles like nothing else,then disappears for a while cant be ***** taking the car into Audi just for this,so it will wait til its first service.
I have the same type of rattle,does it approx every 3 weeks then dissapears.Sounds like a thick cable(b+o)whacking the door card.

A3_Rider

Well it's service time and they've sent a diagnostic link (260 for an oil change - crikey!) so I can write it all up. Felt like they just wanted to make some money off Audi, but we will see.

Offered a sedative for the engine as well, service plus? No thanks!