S3 Downpipe to Stock Catback

H

HansfishS3

Hi all,

Managed to get hold of a 3" downpipe and sports cat ... looking to fit this to the standard catback (2.5" I believe?) do I just need a 3" to 2.5" reducer?

Is it also worth changing the turbo gaskets/bolts?

Just change the turbo gasket

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Okay thanks, trying to figure out how to join it to normal catback....sorry not clued up on exhausts

Oh and for that, yes you will need a reducer.

Reactions: HansfishS3
Would this need to be welded in? Wondering if I can fit on driveway or easier to take to an exhaust place...the system was originally twinned to a miltek catback

No welding necessary. Just a reducing sleeve and clamps.
If im honest messing around with an exhaust on a driveway isnt fun and if it were me, find a ramp or give it to an exhaust place or workshop to put on.

Thanks Mike ...parts request for a new turbo gasket will be opened...still struggling to find exact reducer and clamps I need, could someone post a link? :)

Heres the DP in question...ignore the decat thats bolted to the sports cat for shipping purposes only

Attachments

• IMG-20160913-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20160913-WA0014.jpeg
    719.5 KB · Views: 144
Is that a custom made downpipe/cat?

I have a cobra downpipe/sports cat ready to go on, just need to order a reducer from them

Its made by RPC motorsport, was originally mated to a miltek catback

Forgot to mention the center section seen in the pic is Miltek

From that pic, I don't think that's easily mateable to an oem system. Best bet is take it to a exhaust shop.

Right okay, what makes you say that? Are there any obvious differences between this and say the bcs fitment to stock catback?

Managed to sort :) Took it to a custom exhaust place, they welded a reducer ...so now its 3" all the way till the first backbox. Sounds so much better without being droney and feels a bit more punchier aswell

Reactions: kash_v
Right guys after driving for a few days I've noticed that in certain cases (engine braking) the downpipe is touching the car causing a vibration throughout the cabin. Would changing the dogbone mount bushes help with this? Doesn't seem to happen under hard acceleration...there's not much wiggle room in there!

The Powerflex bush will help with this as it reduces engine rock.

Reactions: kash_v
Okay thanks, would it be best changing the bushes and the insert? Could anyone post a link of where best to buy from?

Most folks change the insert. At BCS exhausts you have the option to buy the yellow insert.
You need to decide which version suits your car from here:

http://www.powerflexshop.com/car/audi/a3-mk2-8p-2003

After selecting the correct version, order on eBay.
Be aware that the bolt holding it all together is a one use stretch bolt.
See the ECS video to watch how it is done.

Reactions: HansfishS3