Facelift S3 Downpipe - Pops and bangs video!

dzeta

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i just finished the installation of my new handcraft downpipe.. and this is how it sounds!! Just DOPE:

Follow me on youtube, more videos to come.

Reactions: christoph7r, THQuattro, FrA1l3 and 3 others
I'm uploading a video of some more exhaust noises to my Youtube today with the Res Delete, would recommend getting it done cause it would compliment your Downpipe well, i'm considering getting my downpipe done too! Haha, sounds great.

Wouldn't that have been easier? :D

The thing is that im doing Stage 1, to have more power. Near 360cv :) and thats not possible with resonator delete, you need downpipe.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I'm uploading a video of some more exhaust noises to my Youtube today with the Res Delete, would recommend getting it done cause it would compliment your Downpipe well, i'm considering getting my downpipe done too! Haha, sounds great.
Any drone?

I want to do the res delete and a stage 1

Any drone?

I want to do the res delete and a stage 1

The exhaust is starting to get louder as it's been run in so there's slight drone but nothing that would make me regret getting it, sounds much much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta and RSS-S3
The thing is that im doing Stage 1, to have more power. Near 360cv :) and thats not possible with resonator delete, you need downpipe.

A Revo centre told me they can get 390 out of mine as it is....

Downpipe is a minimum upgrade for stage 2, not stage 1 !

Reactions: Rayner_1704, batch and AudiNutta
Downpipe is a minimum upgrade for stage 2, not stage 1 !

Nope you can do an APR Stage 1 with "test pipes" changing downpipe, and of course you are super near to a stage 2 if you want so..

Is this just a standard exhaust that's on that car in the OPs video? Where did you get your downpipe from and how much?

IMG 2335

I dont understand why you would downpipe a stage 1 map and not just get a stage 2 !?

Strange again with APR, a stage two map that doesnt require intercooler.
I'd prefer REVO, as they are literally a 5min drive from my house which makes me feel safer about going for a proper map, but I really don't want to change the intercooler.

Reactions: RSS-S3
I'd prefer REVO, as they are literally a 5min drive from my house which makes me feel safer about going for a proper map, but I really don't want to change the intercooler.
Oh yes I would Revo over APR all day!

Searching for any decent remapper, that wants my business is a issue.

Phoned a few retailers in my area today and all but one sounded interested!

The search continues.........

Oh yes I would Revo over APR all day!

Searching for any decent remapper, that wants my business is a issue.

Phoned a few retailers in my area today and all but one sounded interested!

The search continues.........
REVO say the I/C Upgrade is highly recommended - I know of users who have done without and in this climate I'd imagine 99% of the time you'll be fine. I'll see what they are willing to do at the retailer.

REVO say the I/C Upgrade is highly recommended - I know of users who have done without and in this climate I'd imagine 99% of the time you'll be fine. I'll see what they are willing to do at the retailer.

I didn't think REVO was available yet on the FL?

Yeah i dont make stage 2 because of that.. is not just the downpipe, you have (should) to change some other things.. so i will wait for that. You can do an easy one with a Stage 1 Apr "test pipes" maps. And then upgrade to stage 2 with IC and some other hardware changes that must be done.

Yeah i dont make stage 2 because of that.. is not just the downpipe, you have (should) to change some other things.. so i will wait for that. You can do an easy one with a Stage 1 Apr "test pipes" maps. And then upgrade to stage 2 with IC and some other hardware changes that must be done.

Did you make the pipe yourself? Nice Iron 883 btw!

When I put in my car from the list it says coming soon? I have the S3 8V.

Maybe the website is not updated, i bought it directly there in the garage and also they installed for me. Write em a email :)

And yes, mine is an S3 8v Facelift.

Maybe the website is not updated, i bought it directly there in the garage and also they installed for me. Write em a email :)

And yes, mine is an S3 8v Facelift.
Will do. Could I be cheeky and ask how much it was to purchase? :)

Will do. Could I be cheeky and ask how much it was to purchase? :)

Yes they have 2 options, one with one cat (our car have 2) that cost around 850€ and an other without cats that costs around 400€ (thats the one i have)

Yes they have 2 options, one with one cat (our car have 2) that cost around 850€ and an other without cats that costs around 400€ (thats the one i have)
Not so expensive. Any downpipes I have seen are like £1500 o_O You have decat'd your car then? Any warnings etc? May be something I'm interested in in future for a bit louder experience/more pops bangs.

Yes full decat, sound is amazing! with stock exhaust. You must do a Stage 1 remap so you dont get motor warning lights.

Not so expensive. Any downpipes I have seen are like £1500 o_O You have decat'd your car then? Any warnings etc? May be something I'm interested in in future for a bit louder experience/more pops bangs.

A milltek catback (with valves) is around £1500
A resonater delete kit is £190
A full turbo back system is around £1850-£2000
The down pipe (that fits to the OEM) is about
£350-£450

Downpipe will need stage 2 map the same with a turbo back system

A res delete or catback can be fitted to a untuned car

A milltek catback (with valves) is around £1500
A resonater delete kit is £190
A full turbo back system is around £1850-£2000
The down pipe (that fits to the OEM) is about
£350-£450

Downpipe will need stage 2 map the same with a turbo back system

A res delete or catback can be fitted to a untuned car
Doesn't necessarily need a Stage 2 map, that only maps out the second O2 sensor so you could use the sensor spacer, theoretically, with a DP on standard car.

Doesn't necessarily need a Stage 2 map, that only maps out the second O2 sensor so you could use the sensor spacer, theoretically, with a DP on standard car.
But no tuner is going to sell a product, that needs a home DIY mod to make it work.

Just go stage two if you going to go to all that hassle with downpipes Etc.

But no tuner is going to sell a product, that needs a home DIY mod to make it work.

Just go stage two if you going to go to all that hassle with downpipes Etc.
What hassle? I have the M-Cantronic, fitted the DP, added the spacer, job done. You said it must be fitted with a Stage 2 map, I just said it doesn't have to be.
(I'm going Stage 2 now I think as I'm greedy!)

What hassle? I have the M-Cantronic, fitted the DP, added the spacer, job done. You said it must be fitted with a Stage 2 map, I just said it doesn't have to be.
(I'm going Stage 2 now I think as I'm greedy!)

Each to their own on this topic me thinks!

But you can never have too much power ;)

Reactions: batch
Im now APR Stage 2.. new video coming soon ;)

Reactions: Lourbas