S3 Down on Power?

ollyhawkeye

Reaction score
The car just feels a bit sluggish (well compared to when I bought it) I am due a service in about 1000 miles (40000 mile one so plug change etc) and I must admit that my s3 feels a little down on power compared to other cars. I got tailed by a standard TT Quattro (a mate) almost neck and neck on a slip road this morning, this was the last straw and hence the post.

Has anyone else experienced this before a service? is it normal?

FYI I generally run on Tesco 99 fuel and its not been a problem before....

Any suggestions would be greatly received before I take it in to the stealer.

Olly

Hi Olly,

I know this feeling. Are you remapped or stock ? I felt mine was running rough and it went for its service (20k) when I got it back it was flying - felt so different. Then after a week or two it seemed to have lost its spark. I decided they must have reset something on the service. I did a battery disconnect for 20 mins and that seemed to improve things for a while. I never got to the bottom of it. I asked Audi to check and they said its running fine. Its as if the ECU is learning to back off the power I think.

PS - have you checked with VagCom for any errors that may be causing it to ****** ?

I am afraid I don't have the pleasures of VAG-COM yet (its on the list) so can't give you any further information on that one.

Its stock, no mods whatsoever, I think its intermittent too, sometimes it feels really eager and then the next its like its being held back.

Its not severe but noticeable, at first I just thought it was just me getting used to it but now after the TT I think there must be something wrong.

wow im so glad i found this thread !!!!!
mine is remapped and has been great but i got it back form audi yesturday with a new clutch etc and it felt great but i raced a mapped vxr with 4 ppl in the car last night and im distraught as i was hard pushed to get away form him and the car jusr seems sluggish compared to the normal WOOHOO pull :-( il try disconnecting the battery for 20 and let you guys know how i get on, im pretty upset today :'-(

S3-Dan, let me know how you get on, think I will try disconnecting the battery tomorrow morning and then go for some testing!! I do hope that does the trick, coupled with the service I reckon I might be in for a "new" S3...

hey ollie it worked
thank god for that !!! pulling like a train :rockwoot:mind when i first fired up it says 'esp fault check manual' just go for a drive if it happens then up the road restart and put it off and on that worked for me its ok now im so happy lol..........time to find that smug f$**ng vauxhall n show him what a real audi goes like lmao:respekt:

right that's it I'm off outside to brave the elements and un-plug the battery!! Thanks for the quick reply and hopefully this will do the trick!

Have a great weekend guys

I've done this a few times and find the car so much better for a while then it seems to revert back. I had another thread on here somewhere where I was asking the same things as I'm sure my car is cutting back for some reason. On my last 8L S3 it was the same and I know that had all sorts of MAF, coilpack issues - i've not seen or heard any of those type issues with the 8P. I run on Tesco 99 all the time.

Well I have just been out for a test drive after the battery disconnect and it really has made a massive difference. I'll inform the dealer to give me a print out of the errors in case there is a recurring problem. Last thing I want to be doing is disconnecting the battery every month, I wasn't buying into that when I handed my hard earned pennies.....

For now though it's put a massive smile back on my face!

urn right mate i dont wanna be doin this every month but its ok for now and another 12months warranty so il keep my peepers open for it happenin again
hope ur cars keep pullin guys :):blackrs4: