S3 control arms and hubs conversion

Kay Farooq

Reaction score
My apologies if I am breaking rules using the same title? The holidays are coming (for me at least), and I really want to get some work done on my front end, it's starting to get a little knocky. As the thread title suggests, I'm looking to complete the s3/tt control arm conversion to my car, only I'm still unsure on how to go about it and I still have questions unanswered.

My car is an A3 1.9 tdi quattro.

From my understanding I need the struts, hubs and control arms from my donor car. A few questions, first:

does it matter which car this is, whether it is an s3, tt or Cupra? I have seen on another forum the that the earlier tt's had a different bushing set up. Does anyone recommend a particular car/ setup such as the aforementioned?

Secondly, given that my car is a quattro, again will it affect which donor car i go with (I read the hub retaining bolt might be different?).

And because I'll be taking the struts which from my understanding is to accommodate the sway bar attachment, will it affect my ride height? Can I use my existing Eibach springs?

And finally do I have to take the rear set up at the same time to get the rise height consistent?

I don't wanna lose me springs =(

And finally, should I use caster bushings?

Please, if someone could help me out I'd be much obliged...

Maybe you're breaking an s3 and you'll let go of the suspension set up on the cheap?

Update. Still struggling to source s3 parts at the right price. I've been offered Audi tt front struts with hubs at a reasonable price, can anyone confirm whether I can use my existing a3 springs with the Audi tt strut?

Not quite sure why you are attempting this? The a3 quattro has the same hubs as the s3

Whats exactly is your reason for this "conversion"

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Because they have a different geometry from my understanding, and the tie rods go into them from the bottom not the top. You're the forest guy to suggest they have the same hubs.