S3 Comparisons: extras, colour....

FreddieS3

Reaction score
Hi, first time visitor to this excellent Audi forum. Got a recomendation from navplus.us that this was the place to be if you loved Audi, and indeed I do.

A couple of weeks ago I vistited the S-Power tour at my local Audi dealer here in Sweden. There you could testdrive the S3,S4,S6,S8 and RS4. I drove all of them and the car most fun to drive in my opinion, the S3. Of course the RS4 was great with enormous amounts of hp and tourque, the S6/S8 with the famous v10 engine but none of them made me smile the way I did during the test in the S3.

I have owned the 8L S3, 8P 2,0FSI and the B7 2,0 TFSI and I couldn´t resist order a new baby. Guess which one?!? :w00t:

I have noticed a lot of you guys also have booked the S3 and I thought it could be fun/interesting if we listed our extra specs, colour and delivery date. Always fun to make comparisons.

Audi S3
Colour: Ibis white

Extras

-Fine Nappa leather in Bucket seats
-Door mirrors, auto-dimming and electrically folding
-Auto-dimming interior mirror with rain/light sensor windscreen (grey top)
-DVD navigation RNS-E
-Multifunction 3-spoke sport-steeringwheel with flattened bottom
-Armrest

Expected deliverydate: 14 of January

Regards

Freddie

Sounds very nice although I would be tempted to add bluetooth with the armrest cradle. Then it will be complete :)

Dito! White is a colour that keeps coming back very strong, at least here in Sweden. It used to be old Volvos and Saabs but now more and more on more exclusive cars. Guess we are influenced by the MTV gangsters and rappers! :rock:

OK here goes mine!

Audi S3
Colour: Phantom Black

Extras
- Audi Symphony
- Bose
- Phone prep in armrest
- Centre armrest
- Bucket Seats in Fine Nappa
- Acoustic parking system
- Multifunction steering wheel with flat bottom
- Inlays piano varnish
- Interior light pack
- Left hand drive

Delivery date: March 07

Pedro

And mine listed out below....

Ibis white, I respect the guys who go for it, I toyed with it for ages, but when I saw the demo I took out in Sprint blue, I just decided it was the colour for me!!!

My color choice was due to the demo car being black, I just loved it! I think we ordered a stupidly fast car!! Mine is quite low profile in black! I haven't seen a Sprint Blue but in Audi Site it seems to light for me... Anyway, what matters is that the S3 rocks!

Pedro

The one I test drove was orange and I thought that was the colour for me. I saw the car three days in a row and the third day it bored me. It stands out the crowed but in the end its to much. Happy that I changed my mind....

Went with Sprint Blue, but the common colours seem to be Black then Silver. I also toyed with White for ages, but went with the safe resale option. White does look stunning though!

You're saying marvelous about Sprint Blue, have not seen one in that colour. Anyone can post pics? I might change my order!

Pedro

newbiecrg said:
You're saying marvelous about Sprint Blue, have not seen one in that colour. Anyone can post pics? I might change my order!

See the thread '' new S3 test drive'' sprint blue pics there. I have ordered sprint blue and out of all the S3's I have seen it is the best in my opinion.

The Sprint Blue is indeed very nice and it's probably less dull than my Phantom Black but I might keep mine in black, I want a discreet car.

Only now I noticed titanium colour in the centre of the front spoiler!

Nice the Sprint Blue.

Pedro

Seems like the UK drivers go for the sprint blue. Haven't seen that colour though...Grey, black and orange have I seen here in Sweden, all imported from Germany. The first 25 arrives here in January and one of them is mine :)

newbiecrg said:
My color choice was due to the demo car being black, I just loved it! I think we ordered a stupidly fast car!! Mine is quite low profile in black! I haven't seen a Sprint Blue but in Audi Site it seems to light for me... Anyway, what matters is that the S3 rocks!

Pedro

Dundee Audi have a sprint blue S3 in their showroom and it looks absolutely superb..

Liverpool Audi also have a Sprint Blue S3 in there showroom if anyones interested. Stunning !!

Here is mine, it is due for production during week 3, 2007.

Brilliant Red
Bose
iPod
Lumbar
Sunroof
Auto lights and rain sensors

Cheers, prt57

My spec as follows:

- Phantom Black Pearlescent
- Sunroof
- Acoustic rear parking sensors
- Electr folding mirrors
- Tyre pressur monitor
- Reversible boot mat
- Interior light pack
- GSM in front ctr armrest
- Front ctr armrest
- No smoking pack
- First aid kit
- Flat bottomed steering wheel
- Electric lumbar support
- Light & reain sensor pack
- BOSE
- DVD sat nav
- ipod connector

originally quoted build week 6, but i changed a couple of spec items and now predicted to be build week 10

prt57 said:
Here is mine, it is due for production during week 3, 2007.

Brilliant Red
Bose
iPod
Lumbar
Sunroof
Auto lights and rain sensors

Cheers, prt57

Briliant red! Nice choice, everyone else here seems to go for sprint blue and black.

murray said:
My spec as follows:

- Phantom Black Pearlescent
- Sunroof
- Acoustic rear parking sensors
- Electr folding mirrors
- Tyre pressur monitor
- Reversible boot mat
- Interior light pack
- GSM in front ctr armrest
- Front ctr armrest
- No smoking pack
- First aid kit
- Flat bottomed steering wheel
- Electric lumbar support
- Light & reain sensor pack
- BOSE
- DVD sat nav
- ipod connector

originally quoted build week 6, but i changed a couple of spec items and now predicted to be build week 10

Murray

Quality spec, that's exactly wjat i'd go for!

P.s if you get bored of it in 6 months, give me a shout! lol

Cheers

Lee

FreddieS3 said:
Briliant red! Nice choice, everyone else here seems to go for sprint blue and black.

I have not heard of anyone else going for a red S3 so this might be a rare sight!
Every car that I have bought apart from one since 1986 has been a red one so no need to change yet!!

prt

I've never bought red cars as I'm concerned with the red ageing to pink... Have you ever had any problems with aged red cars?

Pedro

Leetaylor said:
Murray

Quality spec, that's exactly wjat i'd go for!

P.s if you get bored of it in 6 months, give me a shout! lol

Cheers

Lee

Bored?? I sincerely hope not!! Bored of an S3 bored with life methinks.

My first S3 was red, not same red as Briliant red. Don´t remember the name, see picture below. Anyone know the name?

S3 in red will look stunning, get the bodycare as it make a big difference, i have at the moment a brilliant red 20T Q S-Line with bodycare and it looks the business. I would have ordered a red S3 only I probably would not have felt like I had a new car, although if Misano red had been available I probably would have gone for it.

My S3 build week 1 ( hope there is not to many Xmas hangovers in the factory) expected delivery late Jan early Feb so may wait until March.
:beerchug:
Spec:-
Sprint Blue
Flat bottomed wheel
Symphony
Bose
Folding mirrors
Cruise control
Front centre armrest

FreddieS3 said:
My first S3 was red, not same red as Briliant red. Don´t remember the name, see picture below. Anyone know the name?

Absolute red??

Regards, John.

I'll chip in here with my spec too.

2007 Audi S3
Silver Metallic
Bose
Electric Lumbar
Folding Mirrors
Flat Tyre Warning
Light and Rain Sensors
Flat Bottom Wheel
Armrest
Interior Light Pack
Phone Prep in Armrest
Boot Mat
iPod console
Piano inlays

DVD Sat nav already waiting for retrofit.

Week 51 build, so about now then!!

Regards, John.

Mine too

Week 2 build

Sprint Blue
Bose
Ipod
MF Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
FCA
FCA GSM kit
Through Load
Piano Black Inlays
Rain/Light Sensors
No Smoking Pack
Electric Lumbar

Will retrofit the ambient lighting/map reading lights. :)

First post for me here.

As me living here in Germany, I noticed that the AudiUK website does not offer the tinted windows in the configurator as it does on the german website. A have also noticed several differences in the standard equipment. But I dont know why they should not offer the tinted windows in the UK, or is it not allowed to have them there?

Cheers

Samuel

newbiecrg said:
I've never bought red cars as I'm concerned with the red ageing to pink... Have you ever had any problems with aged red cars?

Pedro
I have a 1998 GTI 1.8T in flash red and as far as I know the colour is as strong as the day I bought it. Everywhere is exactly the same colour.
I have kept it reasonably well polished over the 8 years that I have had it mainly using Mer.
The red cars that seem to fade are Vauxhalls. A work colleague has a 52 reg Astra and that is going pink.

prt57

hi all .. here's mine!

It's arriving Thursday but I can't use it til Jan 2nd.

I couldn't do the 12 week wait so I bought this one that had just arrived to a dealer.

The spec is: Sprint Blue, Twin Colour Napa Leather, Sat Nav, Auto Lights & Wipers, Winter Package, Additional Interior Lights, Aluminium interior Inlay

newmS3SPR325.jpg

newmS3SPR315.jpg

Irish said:
hi all .. here's mine!

It's arriving Thursday but I can't use it til Jan 2nd.

I couldn't do the 12 week wait so I bought this one that had just arrived to a dealer.

The spec is: Sprint Blue, Twin Colour Napa Leather, Sat Nav, Auto Lights & Wipers, Winter Package, Additional Interior Lights, Aluminium interior Inlay

Nice car, whats in the winter pack? Isn't that the demo car you drove a while back?

The winter pack is heated jets and mirrors (I think) but unfortunately not the seats. The car I test drove was in another dealer but when I put the deposit down on the one in the pic I took it for a spin. This one wasn't a demo, it was driven very little and I bought it over a month ago at this stage so it's just been sitting in the dealers yard.

I am just a bit excited about getting it!!

Irish said:
From the pics it doesn't look like it has the RNS-E so is the nav you've ordered the CD-based one? If so, how is it? Always been curious about this system as I've never seen it in action.

PS. To all those ordering piano black inlays, Dandle has said previously that the ones in his 06 S-Line have marked quite noticably since he got it and don't look quite so good now. Might be worth considering sticking with the standard ally ones?

As has been said piano black trim which looks the dogs nuts does mark incredibly easily. I have had the car cleaned by the local eastern block guys a few times and it is really easily scratched and they use pretty soft cloths. Extra care is needed if you order it.

It's the CD based one yep.. again, it was specced on the car.

It seems to be pretty good, obviously the full version looks a lot better and it'd be easier to just 'look' at where you are but it seemed good enough to me and lacked just the dvd play, full colour and the 3D map. The arrow in the driver info system was pretty cool.

Do you know of anything else the full version has over it as I am not too familiar?

Ideal world though, full sat nav and the RS4s would go on it!!

dandle said:
As has been said piano black trim which looks the dogs nuts does mark incredibly easily. I have had the car cleaned by the local eastern block guys a few times and it is really easily scratched and they use pretty soft cloths. Extra care is needed if you order it.

Meg's make a product called plasticX or something similar for removing scratches in plastic. I've got the piano trim fitted in my A3 and use this to remove the scratches, you need to put some wax on afterwards to get the full effect.

J.

cd sat nav is ok, bit fiddly but does the job......it is on the s3 at crewe audi. but its difficult to judge as been used to dvd based one