S3 Colours - Pics of each option??

I know I've not got a S3 but the reasons for not choosing Misano were the same. For a £525 'pearl' effect the finish is pretty poor and looks more like a base colour to me

I think the name amalfi white is a tad misleading. It should just be called cream. Actually... All audi colours should be more simply named. Dark grey, light grey, black with purple hue. It would be so much easier!

Unfortunately, Marketing people don't live on planet earth

Now I'm having to start my S3 Sportback order from scratch (long story, read from pg.2 here), I'm giving serious thought to ordering a nice Porsche paint. Why Porsche? Well, having been into the modified VW scene since I were a lad (not so much now admittedly) I am a big fan of the OEM+ look. When I was an even younger lad, I used to see a Nogaro Blue RS2 parked outside a Hi-Fi shop in Chester for years and was smitten. The link between Audi and Porsche is a tedious one these days, but it is still there.

My number one choice at the moment is Porsche Sport Classic Grey:

audi-rs4-avant-b8-sport-classic-grey-audi-exclusive-61.jpg

The next is Porsche Fashion Grey:

porsche911anniversary3.jpg

Or, last on the list, which would also require utter balls of steel to go through with, is Porsche Mint Green:

Porsche-964-Brian-Henderson-Rotiform-PMcG-29.jpg

(would only work with black pack)

What do you guys think?

Sport Classic I love!

I like the 1st pic, thats a nice grey. Doubt there be many if any Audi's that colour. :) x

Last edited:
Riviera Blue as we'll.

I'd pick the first if I had to choose between the three.

I'd go for a bright, in your face colour if I was going exclusive.

Im not a fan of Riviera Blue. It's best suited to the GT RS models, in my opinion on an Audi its too loud. I really like the idea of Mint Green! Imagine it with black pack & LED headlights <3

Porsche-964-Brian-Henderson-Rotiform-PMcG-20.jpg

I think you're right. Its a done deal.

4974778296_7da8d148eb_b.jpg

Reactions: Fox5150
That RS4 is beautiful.....mint green would get my vote too. LED headlights although not actually that great in use do work well looks wise with the black pack regardless of colour.

Now VAG have merged with Porsche I suspect you will see a lot more cooperation on technologies in the future. Therefore it's a paint choice from the same "group" as I see it!

Last edited:
That RS6 is a RS4.

The last grey is nice.
Individual, but still I think a good Audi colour.
I really like Nardo grey as an Audi colour.

Suzuka Grey has a light blue tinge to it, although slightly more subtle than your preference above.
My next car is coming in Suzuka.

Last edited:
Nimbus would look fantastic with the black pack and black rails.

f7b47d9ec4d38286c70af23a4eb4a99c.jpg

Nogaro blue? :think::D

Attachments

• audi-rs4-avant-b8-nogaro-blue-exclusive-38.jpg
    audi-rs4-avant-b8-nogaro-blue-exclusive-38.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 1,410
Guess Porsche Viper Green is out of the question then being a bit loud!

How about Porsche Signal Green
Im afraid so! Signal green is the GT3 RS colour no?

Nogaro Blue is definitely in the running, it translates very well on these new audis with a black pack. Another I've always been fond of is this VW Pastel Green as found on early 911's and Beetles.

DixonRear.jpg

I assume you got your £££ back then? If so I'm happy for you :)

I called in the other day to collect something, he greeted me like his best mate! we had a nice chat and then went our own ways...strange how the same dealership and same person can treat two different people differently! I get on really well with him...we just seemed to click from the off.

Strange, the RS4 in the first pic looks like Suzuka Grey, not Porsche Sport Classic.

Suzuka is lovely, different shades in different lights. Just too close to White.

We've White Silver on the MCS right now and it's more Grey/Primer like the Porsche Grey, but not quite.

1st choice for me is Porsche Sport Classic Grey, absolutely spot on. I was dead on Daytona for my RS3 (when it's ordered next year), but I reckon the Exclusive/special order for Sport Classic Grey and optics will be killer and unique. Anthracite rims and it'll be bang on.

Reactions: 2low4u
I haven't heard anything back on the deposit issue yet.. Salesmen have very malleable personalities, they can bend and shape themselves to suit a particular situation!

I had a wobble today, I'm not gonna lie. I think I just need to get another one ordered and forget about it, I'm over thinking he whole thing and I keep looking at different cars altogether.. I nearly convinced myself I could afford a 13' plate RS4 this morning, simply because I worked out the depreciation after 3 years wouldn't be far off what i'd experience with the S3!

So, back to colours. Im still fond of the Porsche grey, Nardo grey is out as I think it looks a bit too flat. Imola yellow is one of my favourites but I think it'll draw too much attention. Suzuka is a nice colour actually, although I've not seen it in the flesh.

1st choice for me is Porsche Sport Classic Grey, absolutely spot on. I was dead on Daytona for my RS3 (when it's ordered next year), but I reckon the Exclusive/special order for Sport Classic Grey and optics will be killer and unique. Anthracite rims and it'll be bang on.

Another angle.

audi-rs4-avant-b8-sport-classic-grey-audi-exclusive-55.jpg

Reactions: Pulp84 and RicoS3
Have you not thought of Sepang??

No thought not, wise man.:jester::jester::jester:

Metallic blue's just don't do it for me, 50% of S3's delivered next year are also probably going to be Sepang!

edit: apart from Kingfisher Blue, I hasten to add..!

Last edited:
If you like your light greys, how about Campovolo Grey that they do on the Fiat Abarth 500's :thumbs up:

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: P40ULW
Agree, the Fiat Grey you see on the Abarth models is also very nice. For the darker Grey's it would have to be Nardo, despite the brown hue in some lights. I never want to be in a position where I have to explain that the Grey colour of my car is a Fiat colour. An yes, I'm a snob.

There is a small part of me that begrudges paying £2500 for a flat, non metallic/pearlescent colour!

Porsche Sport Classic Grey on an S3 Saloon:

207592298 w988 h556

10155925 814410381922873 8871851845865560677 n 6631104265294329817

£2,500 for a non-metallic/pearlescent paint seems a bit steep...?? More importantly, why are those wheels not available in the UK?!

Reactions: The Challinor