S3 Colour Change??

ash_s3

Reaction score
Recently went down to a local main dealer to pretend i was interested in buying a new car just so i could test drive a few. bloke offered me a free valuation on my s3 so i said 'why not!'

He ran the reg through his computer and 2 things came up

1. Colour change! Says it was originaly silver, now its blue. Ive had the seats out, various bits of trim and carpet etc and its blue everywhere, engine bay, everything.
Why would it say ive had a colour change??

2. VWFS have an interest in the car, im guessing its VW Financial Services?? The finance term ends within the next few months, i havnt heard anything from them, no letters in post or anything, and ive had the car nearly 8months now.

Do you think a previous owner hasnt paid off the finance when selling the car and just carried on paying it?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Ash

Car is an import by the way!

Colour change was on 16/5/2000
1st registered on the 16/5/2000

An error by audi?

How do i get it off the HPi register??

you have to get the money all paid to the finance company.......... you are very very lucky the guy has continued to pay for your car... as it stands at the moment, if he/she stops paying, the finance company will come for the car, its technically not your car yet... did you not HPI it before buying?

Does the sticker with the option codes in the boot also have the paint code (i'm 99% sure it does)?

I doubt you can get it off HPi with regards the colour change, but you should be able to get Audi to 'authenticate' that your car is the colour it left the factory (assuming of course that there isn't something fishy going on).

claudefrog said:
you have to get the money all paid to the finance company.......... you are very very lucky the guy has continued to pay for your car... as it stands at the moment, if he/she stops paying, the finance company will come for the car, its technically not your car yet... did you not HPI it before buying?

Yeah i did hpi check it before i bought it but it was one of those ones you text off your phone, it was my only choice as i was on the train!
just phoned VWFS now and they say theres is nothing to be worried about and are sending me out an 'innocent purchaser's form' which ive got to fill out and send back so the finance bit is sorted now!

ive got all the original PDI forms etc and the sticker inside the service book which tells you the colour but the PDI thing is in german and i did french at school!!

Does LZ5L sound about right for paint code? its dark blue

Maybe the original buyer ordered it from audi in silver and changed their mind before delivery?

or the information was put into audi's system at 5.29 on a friday afternoon?

sounds like it yeh!

phoned the DVLA, said if i write them a letter and photocopy the service book and send it in they will remove the 'was silver' from their data base, then i can phone hpi back up and get them to remove it from their data base aswel!

Thanks for the help guys :icon_thumright:

Maybe when the car was registered on being imported the default colour is silver and was said to be 'changed' to blue? I'm totally guessing, which appears to be a regular thing hah