S3 clutch slipping

Adamj

Reaction score
Hi guys my clutch has started slipping on my 2007 s3 its just hit 46k, normally in gears 4,5,6 at about 3.8k till 5.5 revs. Where can i get a Sachs clutch kit from as i want to go to a stage 2 map and how much are we looking, also is it worth replacing the dmf as well?

Hi guys my clutch has started slipping on my 2007 s3 its just hit 46k, normally in gears 4,5,6 at about 3.8k till 5.5 revs. Where can i get a Sachs clutch kit from as i want to go to a stage 2 map and how much are we looking, also is it worth replacing the dmf as well?
Unless you're going to Stg2+ or more,then you really don't need an SMF kit,but if you do,have a look at the group buy on VAGOC here.....VAGOC.co.uk | VAGOC.co.uk
Otherwise,the uprated Sachs clutch is fine,provided you run it in for a good few hundred miles,and don't go in for drag style starts,when the SMF kits become very useful

Unless of course you are me and strip the Sachs clutch in 14k miles, only 7k at 2+ and the rest at stage 1...........

Unless of course you are me and strip the Sachs clutch in 14k miles, only 7k at 2+ and the rest at stage 1...........

Sounds like something I'd do, Ive been through standard one in less than 6k...replaced it, chickened out and bought a new S3 and a gearbox that will cope....D......S.....G :) touch wood mecatronics all ok :)

Sounds like something I'd do, Ive been through standard one in less than 6k...replaced it, chickened out and bought a new S3 and a gearbox that will cope....D......S.....G :) touch wood mecatronics all ok :)
DSG box is generally OK until you get above 400lbs,when you will need a rebuild for the clutch plates.

Right guys just been out in it, when driving normal is perfect and when in 4th it's fine, when in 5th it's started at about 5k and was intermittent out of 6 goes it did it twice I'm happy but il have to drive like a Sunday driver till Iv got enough to buy one