s3 clutch slipping

t&biskits

it`s all black
Reaction score
Had the car since new(S3), jan 2008, std engine, just ran out of warranty last month , i have now noticed that the clutch is starting to slip. this is probably the icing on the cake as i have had numerous faults with the car since new.

My local dealer doesnt give me any faith, so i am stuck, do i shell out for a new one Or see if i can grind them down about how **** their clutches are? this is on top of elec window problems, creaking doors/seals, badly locating drivers seat runner, replaced with a new subframe, then taken back out after i kept finding foam on the carpet under the seat,then some foam was removed from a section of the seat to stop this, then they gave it back with the plastic side trim broken, then back in again to get this replaced,then they decided not to put it back together properly & leave the rear seat trim hanging loose, then back again to try & find the place where the foam was falling out from which they had previously fixed, then a knocking came from the front suspension, they then had it back to find the problem( after a 28 mile road test!), they informed me that it is the front shock so they will replace that & the ball joint & top mount. they replaced the front shock only to find that my steering rack was knackered.
apart from all of this & the **** paint that scratches if you look at it, i f**king luv my car!!!!!!:(

Being fair,if you've had 3 years out of the OEM clutch,you've not done too badly,as the thing is clearly made from chocolate.

The best aftermarket choice would be the Sachs,which is OK for about 400lbs of torque,and above that,the Southbend.

I had a new clutch replaced on the LAST day of the warranty.

Apply some polite pressue and you should at least get a goodwill contrubution.

Funnily I had the same door seal & windows problems as you, among other things like glove box lid, intermittent rear wiper failure, car shutting down when driving.

That said, the dealers have been very good which makes the reliability issue much easier to stomach.

Good luck

Paul

tea! i feel for ya mate!! same sort of **** for me too! constant back & forth... but i somehow still love my car.. tbh i think your gonna have to pay for this yourself.. i mean everytime i see Paul mention his clutch replacement under warranty im baffled... i genuinely though clutches werent covered under normal warranty i.e 3 years... hes a lucky guy imho! & whether you will get the same treatment AFTER your warranty's expired well i dont know.. Knowing Audi anyway...

And as Alex said, if your going for a new one may aswell stick a uprated one in!

Do u do quite a lot of launches t n biskits? how many mile son the car?

ta

no launches as i am to old for that!:laugh: car has just hit 30 k.

tea! i feel for ya mate!! same sort of **** for me too! constant back & forth... but i somehow still love my car.. tbh i think your gonna have to pay for this yourself.. i mean everytime i see Paul mention his clutch replacement under warranty im baffled... i genuinely though clutches werent covered under normal warranty i.e 3 years... hes a lucky guy imho! & whether you will get the same treatment AFTER your warranty's expired well i dont know.. Knowing Audi anyway...

And as Alex said, if your going for a new one may aswell stick a uprated one in!

You`re right, clutches are only covered for the first 6K or 6months, but it would seem that AUDI are fairly understanding on this issue. Sure 1 or 2 others on here have managed to get AUDI to changes clutches well into the 3 yr cover.

Maybe I was just one of the jammy gits!

Paul

I have a standard clutch dmf and slave cylinder for sale. I bought it new and have never fitted it to my car, my car is now sold and they are no use to me anymore.