S3 clutch on a remapped A3?

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
So my a3 is mapped to about 260, and im yet to turn on my water meth kit.
My clutch is slipping more and more with the weather getting colder.

Im wondering if i could put a 2nd hand S3 clutch in? To save on pennys, is this possible?

Or to just buy a new S3 clutch?

This has got to be cheaper than the sachs alternatives, im not looking at going over 280bhp ish.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks,
Jon.

Off subject but what turbo do you have for the a3?

Aren't meth kits for hybrids? So confused, Was curious cause wouldn't a plain old KO3 without meth do 280 bhp easily with stage 2+ remap?

Aren't meth kits for hybrids? So confused, Was curious cause wouldn't a plain old KO3 without meth do 280 bhp easily with stage 2+ remap?

Meth is for anything. and yeah sound about right, but i dont have the HPFP, or the exhaust. So im using the meth to try and get similar results with only £300 spent instead of £1500

C'mon all that effort and you're gonna fanny about with a used S3 clutch?

If it'll work go for a new one...

Yeah don't do it.

It's not like it's a 5 minute job to change/swop, Pay the extra and go new.

When I get to that power am going to get a :
SRE Performance Clutch Kit

Transmittable torque 550+Nm. This clutch kit contains the SRE Performance clutch cover and the rigid Performance clutch disc with special organic friction material.

Just so I can have that added space incase I go nuts and go for 300 bhp on my own A3.

I just want the cheaper one, as A3 internals would need doing past like 320 ish, so i only need a similar spec one to the standard S3, or a basic stage 1.

Well S3 clutch should be OK up to stage 1 on a S3 which is around 300BHP or just over I believe.

So a new S3 clutch should be fine?