S3 centre armrest fix

Ricco

SweetS3
Reaction score
Done a search on the site but no luck. Anyone know of a fix to stop ratchet mechanism from slipping? its getting to be a pain now, trying to relax in traffic and then....:banghead:

hey mine does this too but only if you put pressure on the end of the armrest, would also like to know if there is a fix.

Allan

Ricco said:
Done a search on the site but no luck. Anyone know of a fix to stop ratchet mechanism from slipping? its getting to be a pain now, trying to relax in traffic and then....:banghead:

easy !! remove button and refit. but when refitting make sure tabs on armrest go BETWEEN the 2 rods on the button assembly.

I made the mistake when refitting to miss this and hence armrest started to drop due to mechanism being partially pre-tensioned.

does that fix above fix it dropping when a tiny bit of force is applied on the end of the armrest?

Jonesy said:
does that fix above fix it dropping when a tiny bit of force is applied on the end of the armrest?

yep - my button broke so had to remove it to fix it.
after re-fitting i had that problem and it didn't seem to be very positive clicking between positions.

It's fiddly to replace correctly but solves the problem - will take about 10 ~ 15mins.

My rest drops down just when you rest on it, then you click it back up and its ok for a few minutes then drops again?? is it a problem in the button or the ratchet?? If there is a fix,, that will save nearly £200:faint:

Ricco said:
My rest drops down just when you rest on it, then you click it back up and its ok for a few minutes then drops again?? is it a problem in the button or the ratchet?? If there is a fix,, that will save nearly £200:faint:

trust me it works.

i had a look how the hell does the button come off, no screws that i can see, does it clip apart?

sprout99 said:
the screws ( 4 x torx little feckers) are flocked and on the inside face adjacent to the button.

Thanks Sprout! My one must be Fecked cos its still not happening:crying: