s3 car jack issue

strizzle

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if my s3 sportback should have a jack in the boot i dont have a spare tyre instead have the pump and tyre seal in the boot stuck in the foam where spare tyre usually is

I have spare tyre and jack etc in my 2010 sportback..

A lot of people ditch the spare tyre because of the "Weight" :p

If you have the tyre sealant kit, there is no need for a jack and wheel tools, at least, that's what the car makers say:sm4:.. In reality the sealant kit will only repair 10% of punctures. The rest of the time it will result in an abandoned journey and recovery back to home where you have to sort out the flat tyre yourself.
My advise is ditch the sealant kit and buy yourself wheel changing tools and a spare wheel, even a space saver gets you where you want to go. Takes about 20mins. to change a flat tyre and no waiting for the recovery man. Your are now back on the road and carrying on with your day.

Here is a link to a 2nd hand space saver that has the same part number as my the space saver in my 2007 S3.
I had the same thoughts as you as our TT did not have a spare. So I bought the same wheel again after trying out my S3 wheel and you can get it under the TT boot carpet.
If you note the part number, you can research other sellers and some will include the tool kit and polystyrene "tool case"

Cheers

I am getting rid of the car and have no jack in the boot have the wheel brace and the round foam with the sealant and the pump so i was just wondering if i was supposed to have a jack in there or not