S3 Bulbs & Canbus Question!

Persian

CEO
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've tried searching the forum however had no luck, I urgently need to purchase some bulbs preferably LED's and was wondering whether the S3 8L's are canbus or not?

Mine i believe is a Nov 2000 model x reg

I've read two threads regarding this, and somebody mentioned that 8L's are half-canbus (or similar), if this is the case does it still require canbus error free bulbs much like the 8P's or will normal LEDs work just fine?

Sorry if its a repeated question, just need to double check before ordering.

Not canbus exactly but they will report missing bulbs if the LED's are not resistered... I am assuming you are after brake light and indicator bulbs?

Generally speaking you get what you pay for... cheap LED bulbs give poor output and errors, expensive ones are fairly meh anyway...

If you are after interior ones then there are details of this in the FAQs

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Persian
Not canbus exactly but they will report missing bulbs if the LED's are not resistered... I am assuming you are after brake light and indicator bulbs?

Generally speaking you get what you pay for... cheap LED bulbs give poor output and errors, expensive ones are fairly meh anyway...

If you are after interior ones then there are details of this in the FAQs

<tuffty/>

Alright thanks tuffty, and yes I'm after the number plate lights and brake lights. I will just get the ones with resistors.

Get in touch with @t8ups of EM Tuning... he should be able to help as an ASN sponsor

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Persian and t8ups